Libya

Hugh_Hoy

Man, that country is getting torn apart piece by piece. Any bets on the outscome? Gadaffi will stay? Flee? Be killed? Foreign intervention? Rebels win?

It's been like watching a chess game over the last couple of weeks. Rebels win some battles, then the loyalists return and recapture lost territory. I'm thinking that unless UN/Nato interests get involved, the rebels will be cooked. No significant war equpment/no significant military experience outside of a few.

HH

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the images of the fighting at Bin Jawad and Ras Lanuf rather surreal.

I worked at that refinery back in 1987 and seeing ongoing battles on the roads I used to drive up and down everyday and the refinery in flames bring it home to me.

Why should anybody want to intervene in an internal scrap? The BBC team probably got roughed up because Britain tried to sneak some SAS men into Benghazi. As soon as Ghadaffi gets the upper hand there will be negotiations. The ringleaders will escape to Egypt. The poor fools who did the actual fighting are in the shit. The Pentagon can't handle any more wars. The US basically just wants oil and stability.

Archived