Libya

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no, everyone wants oil, or do you live on road kill and nettle soup cooked over a fire in a cave?!!

Making your usual point I see phil. Actually I couldn't agree more. I made my living off the stuff. I think Europe has the most to lose in the case of Libya but lower production in one place affects everybody. The Saudis don't want to pump more than they have to. I still think the US wants to see Ghadaffi maintain power.

Correct CW, main importers are European Nations

Libya produces 1.7 MBPD out of a Global production of 88MBPD., which is just under 2% of global production

The main importers of Libyan by percentage of overall consumption are

Ireland 23% 14,000 BPD

Italy 22% 376,000 BPD

Austria 21% 31,000 BPD

Switzerland 18% 17,000 BPD

France 16% 205,000 BPD

Greece 14% 63,000 BPD

Spain 12% 136,000 BPD

Full Listing Here

As can be seen USA only imports 1% of its Oil from Libya hence the reason they are not really interested

As can be seen USA only imports 1% of its Oil from Libya hence the reason they are not really interested

Who is saying the U.S. is not interested? Why do you say that? And how do you conclude that "oil" is the only thing that the U.S. will fight for? For instance, how much oil does the U.S. import from Afghanistan and Pakistan? :content:

HH

According to the BBC a US intelligence agency thinks he will survive and maintain power.

Given the level of accuracy so far that probably means the opposite.

The US national intelligence director has predicted embattled Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi will defeat the rebels challenging his grip on power.

.......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12707276

Archived