US 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civili

Flashermac

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I've met more spooks in Bangkok bars than have ever been employed by the USA- lots of people like to claim they do things, but often just a grade 2 clerk for the city council back home.

You got that right. Just last year there was this idiot at Londoner. He has been in there for years. Buddy of mine brought him over to talk... said he and i should know the same people. I asked him where he worked and he said the US Embassy. I worked there at the time and had never seen him so I asked what office and he said "Special Branch."

?huh?

"Special Branch" is a British thing. Ok, well, did he know the USMC Commander? How about the security manager? Or the RSO? Finally I had had enough and pulled out my US-S id and asked him what the big "2" on it meant.

Never saw him again at Londoner. I think he is an English teacher..... of course.

I remember my friend telling me at the FCC one day about being offered RPGs up on the Border. When he declined the gentleman suggested his friends in Washington may be interested :dunno:

My friend was born in Ireland grew up in Sydney and is a journo.

PERTH - An SAS trooper collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped

stop a suspected shoplifter in east Perth.

The 'Toys-R-Us' Store Manager told 'The West Australian' that a man was seen on

surveillance cameras last Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife

and ran toward the door.

Outside were four SAS Troopers collecting toys for the "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Troopers stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, in the back.

The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported by ambulance to the Royal Perth Hospital with two

broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions and assorted

lacerations including a broken nose and jaw...

Injuries he apparently sustained when he tripped whilst trying to run after the stabbing.

One of the Troopers said, "He was a clumsy bastard."

:up::up::up:

But you must realize, in the U.S. the Army would end up paying not just the perp's medical bills, but probably end up paying out all sorts of $$$ in a civil action and the SAS guys being prosecuted. :banghead:

HH

PERTH - An SAS trooper collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped

stop a suspected shoplifter in east Perth.

The 'Toys-R-Us' Store Manager told 'The West Australian' that a man was seen on

surveillance cameras last Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door.

Outside were four SAS Troopers collecting toys for the "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Troopers stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, in the back.

The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported by ambulance to the Royal Perth Hospital with two

broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions and assorted

lacerations including a broken nose and jaw...

Injuries he apparently sustained when he tripped whilst trying to run after the stabbing.

First time I read about this it was about a USMC reservist collecting toys. Must happen a lot. :hmmm:

Marine reservist stabbed while collecting toys

The Associated Press

Friday Nov 26, 2010

AUGUSTA, Ga. — A Marine reservist collecting toys for children was stabbed Friday when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in eastern Georgia.

Best Buy sales manager Orvin Smith told The Augusta Chronicle that man was seen on surveillance cameras putting a laptop under his jacket at the Augusta store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four Marines collecting toys for “Toys For Tots.â€

Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back. Smith said the cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was held until police arrived. The Richmond County Sheriff’s office said it is investigating.

Marine Corps Times

Archived