US 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civili

Flashermac

I have read that one of the main reason the massacre was not spoken about was because it came right as the United States was working towards a reservation policy.

That I believe is fairly well documented. Was an interesting story on the treatment of the indigenous people around the world on the history channel once.

It made some interesting comparisons of the treatment of Aborigines and Native Americans.

I would say President was able to diffuse the situation. He created by Executive Order a reservation for Cochise.

But the real problems the Whites had with the Apaches, especially with Cochise occurred when Lieutenant Bascom accused Cochise of kidnapping a boy. It turned out Cochise didn't do the kidnaping. This happened in 1861. Shortly after, the USA soldiers destroyed what they couldn't carry from their military camps and then destroyed their military camps as they left the area to go east.

When White people started finding silver on Cochise's reservation, President Grant by Executive Order did away with the reservation and put Apaches from various bands on the San Carlos reservation - not good.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The platoon sergeant turned around and saw the barrel of the grenade launcher pointed right at the back of his head. He said, "That thing better not be loaded." The doufas said, "Damn right it is!"

No comments...reminds me of a dumbass during live fire training who had a misfire and turned to the instructors with his finger still trying to fire the round while shouting 'misfire'...

Incidents like this probably happen more then what we might imagine.

When it comes to war, there seems to be a casual denial that in war civilians get killed. In some cases, a lot of civilians.

Remember the Smithsonian Instituition was suppose to put on a display of the 50th anniversary of Hiroshima? The items that were suppose to be put on display, didn't get displayed.

One sub-theme that was suppose to be displayed was the fire bombing of Tokyo which were very successful and that the war was on verge of ending. There was no need for Hiroshima. Actually, more people died at the Tokyo fire bombings then at Hiroshima. Virtually all of those deaths were civilians. But at Hiroshima, near the epicenter, were some imprioned USA pilots.

I believe you are referring to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enola_Gay#Exhibition_controversy

The need for the bombing of H and N is simple to quantify: how many US Service men did you want to sacrifice? After watching the fighting on the outlaying islands and the flurry of Japanese surrendering (I.e., next to none.) Truman sided on saving as many Americans as possible.

I believe you are referring to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enola_Gay#Exhibition_controversy

The need for the bombing of H and N is simple to quantify: how many US Service men did you want to sacrifice? After watching the fighting on the outlaying islands and the flurry of Japanese surrendering (I.e., next to none.) Truman sided on saving as many Americans as possible.

The book, [color:blue]Judgement at the Smithsonian[/color], claimed the war was already lost.

Major General Curtis E. LeMay, the XXI’s Bomber Commander views were captured in print in that same book on page 67:

[color:red]"The fire bombing campaign, which began in earnest with the great raid against Tokyo on the night of March 9-10, proved destructive beyond LeMay’s wildest expectations. During the nest five months, LeMay’s bombers destroyed one half of the total area of 66 cities - burning 178 square miles to the ground. By the beginning of the summer of 1945, the destruction wrought by the B-29s was so complete that LeMay warned his superiors that by September he would run out of targets."[/color]

The same book claimed

[color:red]“The Smithsonian Institution, America’s national museum, has been complicit in an act of censorship.

In a controversy somewhat reminiscent of the Pentagon Papers, the United States government has attempted to suppress an unflattering war report written by government analysts. The current case involves the Smithsonian’s 50th anniversary exhibit of the Enola Gay, the B-29 that rendezvoused with destiny over Hiroshima.â€

The book continues on by saying “Averse to perturbing questions about Truman’s decision to drop the A-bomb, the Air Force Association and the American Legion lobbied intently against the exhibit and forced many revisions - for example, the erasure of Dwight D. Eisenhower’s criticism of the bombings and the removal of all but one photo of the dead at Ground Zero.â€[/color]

If you noticed, the deliberate major targets toward the end of WWII with Japan were civilians.

The Japanese teenage children were being trained to fight off the US invasion with pointed sticks. Imagine you being a GI and being attacked by children with pointed sticks, a kick in the morale and not much incentive to fight children, IMO.

This cam first hand from a Japanese lady living in Tokyo at the end of the war. The people would seel shelter in churches as the US would not bomb a church, hospital, etc. She cursed the Japanese Emperor as she watched her sister starve to death during that time! It was ugly in Japan at the end.

So the A-bomb also saved the lives of many Japanese in a strange twist of fate.

Oh no they are correct, the war was lost. But you could not tell the Japanese that. Esp the high command. Even the Germans knew when it was all over.

Check the number of Japanese forces that surrendered on any of the islands before the bomb and you will see what I am talking about.

Are you admiting that the USA did target civilians especially in Tokyo?

Oh no they are correct' date=' the war was lost. But you could not tell the Japanese that. Esp the high command. Even the Germans knew when it was all over.

Check the number of Japanese forces that surrendered on any of the islands before the bomb and you will see what I am talking about.[/quote']

Are you admiting that the USA did target civilians especially in Tokyo?

Some would say we did the same in Dresden, Germany. Also, Hamburg's bombing had an estimated 50k civilians killed.

War is hell. Ain't it the truth.

Archived