Sad sight

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naw. He was walking by outside. We were sitting inside. Couldn't be arsed to chase him down.

Perhaps if I saw him outside I may. But I doubt it. He could get home if he wanted to, there are ways to do that (his embassy can aim him in the right direction if he asked). His country has a fine social safety net, should he need it. So I feel no obligation to help a guy who has taken a holiday to the extreme.

Exactly, he could probably just turn things right around if he had a mind to do so. Maybe he has some mental issue and thinks he is in a Huckleberry Finn novel, maybe not. He could just like that life, being so burnt out,, by modern western lifestyles and demand, he has just thought "fcuk it!".

He could be stinking rich, saving all his pension or welfare receipts to buy that condo down at Patters :beer:

a holiday to the extreme

The truth hurts. Not anyone here specifically, but it happens all the time.

True that. It seems obvious to me he somehow enjoys his situation. Just like Al E, he could go back, but choses not to.

I dont pretend to understand it, but he is not a pest so I will leave him be. And as someone said above, he has $$$ for cigs so he is not too broke.

Archived