Apple tracking, well hang on a minute!

Coss

... and you back it up via iTunes. :hmmm:

Which puts it on the Hard Disk of your computer.

Has any one shown that this information is transmitted to Apple?

I may be wrong, but there is no evidence of this as far as I can see...

And yet people are suing and getting their knickers in a twist.

All over the "possibility" that this could happen.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... iTunes reports back to the mothership.

So does Windows.

But the question remains, has an one, anywhere, said or shown, that this data, held on the phone for useful purposes, and backed up to the user's Mac/PC, actually gets back to Apple.

My suggestion is that, because it is possible, doesn't make it so.

It is also possible that every bank transaction, credit card use, passport examination, cellphone call, vote or any other of our movements is held in a Giant Big Head in the sky, called the Cloud.

But that doesn't make it so, does it?

Anyway, Janet Jackson's nipple is much more important!

So, wouldn't that proof that plenty of companies do break the rules? The class action suits mean that they get punished if they are caught, not that they are not breaking the rules.

It is proof only that the company sued MAY BE breaking the law. Some suits get tossed or proven untrue. Like this one:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9MNG1J00.htm

Come on KS, you're using "circular logic" here. "Some companies get caught breaking the law = all companies break the law???"

Hi,

For sure not all companies are breaking the law, but by the same token definitely not all of them are abiding by it either.

And just like a company being sued does not necesarily mean they are breaking the law, a company isn't being sued isn't necessarily complying with it.

I guess what I am saying is that just because there are legal codes, doesn't mean we can trust a company to abide by them.

Sanuk!

Archived