ANOTHER Dead Farang Found in a Canal

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NG and LK,

I agree that NG's post in that thread was pretty harmless, but rchapstick's posts were not, hence the post about knocking it off and closing of the thread.

While you, NG, may very well not have meant any harm (and I do believe you in this), I am certain rchapstick's posts were meant to insult / goad BelgianBoy.

And for the record, I am not defending a single user, but trying to uphold the rules here. As for why other insults get by, well, I don't see everything and some people have thicker skins than others.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"We should have a no-moderation thread. A kind of 'enter at your own risk' area."

Been suggested before and I have considered it. Main reason I've never created is is that I am afraid that people would continue their grudges outside of the forum.

Only way I could possibly see this working is with some very strict rules:

- minimum of 100 posts

- minimum of 3 months on the board (possibly even 6 months)

- entry into the forum is voluntary, you can only 'attack/ridicule' those posters who are a member of the forum (i.e. no one-sided attacks!)

- slagging matches should preferably be only started by mutual consent, i.e. "You wanna take this outside?"

And even with those rules I am still sure people would take things personal and it would likely cause more problems than it solves.

Sanuk!

Gentle folk

Yes in NZ, "fruit" has a definite Gay connotation.

But the use of such a word is punishable by public ridicule and even prosecution if a flaming homosexual feels it warranted.

Mind you if the word in question, was used by a flaming homosexual, then it is completely within the bounds of modern and open discourse.

Hi,

"We should have a no-moderation thread. A kind of 'enter at your own risk' area."

Been suggested before and I have considered it. Main reason I've never created is is that I am afraid that people would continue their grudges outside of the forum.

Only way I could possibly see this working is with some very strict rules:

- minimum of 100 posts

- minimum of 3 months on the board (possibly even 6 months)

- entry into the forum is voluntary, you can only 'attack/ridicule' those posters who are a member of the forum (i.e. no one-sided attacks!)

- slagging matches should preferably be only started by mutual consent, i.e. "You wanna take this outside?"

And even with those rules I am still sure people would take things personal and it would likely cause more problems than it solves.

Sanuk!

PLEASE do it!!!!!

PLEASE!

Really, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived