Repent ye sinners: The end is nigh

robaus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

What? This guy has wrongly predicted the end of world before and folks still listen to him? There truly is no end to human stupidity / gullibility :)

Sanuk!

Didn't you read the post?

US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise

(But he has been wrong before).

and

Critics point out that this isn't the first time Mr Camping has predicted the second coming. On 6 September 1994, hundreds of his listeners gathered at an auditorium in Alameda looking forward to Christ's return.

Hi,

So, what is this guy gonna say if the end does not come? Wouldn't that kinda undermine his reliability.

Sanuk!

Same thing these twats always say, my math was wrong, god is giving us another chance, another year, keep praying and send us money and we will save your soul and get your ass to heaven. Look up the Seventh Day Adventists female leader in their early years. She did this shit all the time. Same for the mormons and many other cult break off religious nutters.

May 12th huh? Good. I thought we were going to have to wait until Dec 2012 and the pagan Mayan calendar stuff for the end. Will be nice when these fucknuts are all raptured away from earth. Then we will not have to listen to the nutbags any more.

Scholars have already come out and said that the Mayan calender is wrong, and 2012 is not the real end date. They have also agreed that the calendar just simply has an end date, i.e., the calender itself just ends, not that it is the end of the world :beer:

It is just about the money' date=' but how many crackpots are there in the US that they believe these fruitloops :beer:[/quote']

When I was a wee lad, about 14, later 80s, I was in LOVE with this lass -- Noemi.

So Noemi was a pentecostal and she brought me into her home one Sunday to meet the family. There were a lot of bibles and a few copies of this book: The Late Great Planet Earth Her mother gave me a copy to take home.

So after dinner, we all went to church, in the evening, as a group (which was strange for me). And it was crazy. I mean you would have to see this -- I was literally stunned. About 200 or so people were yelling out gibberish and flailing around en masse. I was at a juncture between being spooked and laughing.

After, her family cornered me and asked if I had accepted jesus as my lord and savior. I said no. They asked if I would like to --> and there was definitely some pressure there (to say yes). I just said I was interested but I had to reflect on it and do it my own way. And then I got away.

A couple days later I told Noemi I didn't believe in hell and had some reservations with their teachings. She persisted a little bit, but that was it between me and Noemi. A few years later she got knocked up by a married guy from their church -- never found out how that panned out. But I felt bad for her -- would be a frightening thing in that environment.

And I forgot why I started even writing this.

Oh yeah, to answer your question Oz -- there is quite a formidable contingent that is very serious on 'the rapture' and the end of the world being nigh. Oh yes. For starters, our ex-president was one.

Interesting story. Sad. As I've said on more than one occasion. I grew up in the church. Been all types of churches.

A lot of the new fundy types with a big youth ministry do some things that I find distasteful.

Lots of pretty, wholesome teengage girls who happily go up to boys and give them pamphlets and invite them to church. The boys go because they want the girl. Many times they 'accept Jesus' because they think it will get them closer to the girl. Bait and switch. The girl can hold off giving up anything even a kiss, not much more than hand holding with the 'staying pure till I'm married' line.

I know the game. Never fell for it because I knew better from an early age. Some one is gonna bang her but it ain't gonna be you. lol.

When ever I'm at a new church, I make it known I fornicate. Usually when in small groups like bible study. I do it in the guise that its one of the things I'm working on but I've never had a girlfriend that we didn't have sex with. Of course they'll pray for me to have strength but its a coded message to the girls in the congregation. If you are interested I do intend on getting some ass and I won't wait. Can't tell you how much I've gotten laid because of that.

I am a christian. Maybe not a devout one but I've never denied my faith. I've been pressured when invited to chruches to join their church right then and there. They pressure you. I always say, "I'm new to the area and am visiting a few churches.' They usually respond, You like this one right? So why not join now? and I respond 'I've been invited to a couple others and it would be rude of me not to visit'. When they persist, my usual line is 'You don't marry a girl after the first date, right?' If they piss me off. I pretty much tell them 'Please respect my indecision. If you have to have an answer today, then its going to be respectfully no. I appreciate your interest and thank you for a nice service'. Church presssure is something that can't affect me because I grew up in it and know the game.

Archived