No rules 'fight' forum?

khunsanuk

I say "no". I suspect it will degrade to the point of one poster calling another poster out. Matters will only get worse then they do in the normal posts.

We have had a few 'weird' postings such as acts of revenge. etc. that should not bee going on.

Agreed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every board I know that has had this sort of thing has died a horrible death.

I voted a resounding NO.

There are definitely times when I would love nothing more than to start ripping. I suppose I get a perverse pleasure out of it. But that's from a selfish viewpoint. It's how I carry on with my mates here -- but we know each other and it's harmless (and a good outlet).

Here, with so many strangers -- I defer to the wisdom of the more experienced. There are definitely some creepy fuckers in the world that need no encouragement, so yeah.

As much as I don't like moderation from a philosophical standpoint -- from a practical one it is needed.

And you're right, the USENET forums that used to flourish in the 90s have degraded into cesspools of ugly shit w/o moderation. Or is it because of social networking? I don't know.

But you probably need it.

So I suppose, a sad unfortunate no.

I thought the whole idea of it was that there would be almost ZERO moderation ? Let people have at it - if they want to call one another c*cksuckers, so be it. As long as its locked down to members only, same as Nightlife, it sounds ok to me - granted, Id rather read about sword swallowers in NL, but I'm weird like that.

AFAIK, the only incident where two members agreed to settle their differences physically ended with each side claiming the other guy didnt turn up - real schoolboy stuff. The most heated exchanges seem to happen when someone has their 'expat cred' called into question - for those of us who have only ever gone to Thailand with a return ticket, being told that you dont know squat about Bangkok isnt a call to Jihad. ;)

Of course, KS has some very valid points - we have a fairly static membership and it doesnt make much sense to have any more people voting themselves off the island over differences of opinion.

Cav you have lost me, what are you referring to :beer:

I thought the poll was a true reflection as to the board's character, some of us want to let go but realize it may be the death knell as if we loose any more regular poster, than what or were you having a go at me :beer:

Archived