Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

And as no music is good, unless it has a link to Brian Eno, in some way or form, I give you: 

Sinead O'Connor, Cillian Murphy (Oppenheimer), Ronnie Wood and Brian Eno collaborate for Armistice Day.

'One More Yard’ adapting the words of a fallen Irish soldier in WW1

Who knew that Oppenheimer used to sing?

___

Unfortunately the following links, require one, desirous of listening to the music, to form some sort of geographical or monetary relationship, with the respective website owners.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06r8d3g

https://music.apple.com/us/album/one-more-yard-ep/1440258510

I think you will find Cillian Murphy is more famous for playing Tom Shelby in “Peaky Blinders” than some recently released Christopher Nolan Movie.

Maybe if he wins an Oscar for his role he will. Be known as Oppenheimer, but for now Tom Shelby

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Gentlemen, what does it matter whom she was married to and how long. What shall remain for ever is one of the great songs in music history.

Which one? The Emperors New Cloths, Heroine with the Edge, I want your ( Hands on Me), Dense Water Deeper Down, No Man’s Woman, Black Boys on Mopeds, Success has made a Failure of our Home, War, Mandinka

The list is endless, she released 10 Albums and 37 Singles yet in your mind she is famous for one thing, a cover version of a Prince song.

11 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Gentlemen, what does it matter whom she was married to and how long. What shall remain for ever is one of the great songs in music history.

Agree. Prince was definitely a very talented musician 😊

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 7:43 AM, Mekong said:

I think you will find Cillian Murphy is more famous for playing Tom Shelby in “Peaky Blinders” than some recently released Christopher Nolan Movie

23 hours ago, Coss said:

famous for looking like chemo patient

Can you see why I assumed Murphy / Oppenheimer and not O’Connor?

Actor and comedian Paul Reubens, whose character Pee-wee Herman became a cultural phenomenon, has died aged 70.

Reubens died on Sunday night after a six-year struggle with cancer he did not make public, his publicist said in a statement.

"Please accept my apology for not going public with what I've been facing the last six years," Reubens said in a statement released on Monday with the announcement of his death.

I know everyone remembers him for the Pee-wee character but I thought this was his best work.