New Board Vs Old

khunsanuk

25 members have voted

1. 1. How is this new forum software in relation to the old one?

• A lot worse
    • A little worse
    • About the same
    • A little better
    • A lot better

Hi,

Now that everyone has had some time to get used to the new forum software, just wondering which you like better?

I personally find this one much easier to use, especially from and Admin/Moderator point of view, but I know that certainly not everyone shares my opinion :)

Sanuk!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always slow coming to terms with change, being mentally lazy has a lot to do with it.

The only way I access the board now is through "view new content" which means I miss a lot of things.

I'll be used to it about the time you're ready to change it again.

I'm always slow coming to terms with change, being mentally lazy has a lot to do with it.

The only way I access the board now is through "view new content" which means I miss a lot of things.

I'll be used to it about the time you're ready to change it again.

I agree, I use to like looking through posts and the additional posts on that forum topic.

Now, if I click new content it is just the latest on offer, unless I am missing something :beer:

But hey, it won't change things so any detrimental aspects brought up on this topic will just be moot :beer:

View new content is what I do. The new board is a trade off. I like the "new content" option. I don't like the fact that I now may find myself reading a thread and realise that it is 8 or 10 years old. There's a lot of grave digging going on. :confused:

It is easier to attach media, but when photos are attached they must be viewed in a new window. I liked having them all right on the page I was looking at. I could tell at a glance if I wanted to ogle them or ignore them.

But realistically, we are a grouchy lot of old geezers and nothing is going to please everybody. :dunno:

View new content is what I do. The new board is a trade off. I like the "new content" option. I don't like the fact that I now may find myself reading a thread and realise that it is 8 or 10 years old. There's a lot of grave digging going on. :confused:

It is easier to attach media, but when photos are attached they must be viewed in a new window. I liked having them all right on the page I was looking at. I could tell at a glance if I wanted to ogle them or ignore them.

But realistically, we are a grouchy lot of old geezers and nothing is going to please everybody. :dunno:

view new content is definately an improvement,much easier to see what's gone on since i last logged in.

and i only have to click the back button once..................

Hi,

Now, if I click new content it is just the latest on offer, unless I am missing something :beer:

There is also Today's active content (found in the bar just below the forums on the index page). This lists all the threads that have been active in the last 24hrs (or week, 2 weeks, month, 6 months, year).

And of course there is the option to subscribe to threads you are following. Any new content will then show up in the 'Watched Content' section of the sidebar, and I believe you can even receive any new posts to these threads by email.

Sanuk!

Hi,

There is also Today's active content (found in the bar just below the forums on the index page). This lists all the threads that have been active in the last 24hrs (or week, 2 weeks, month, 6 months, year).

And of course there is the option to subscribe to threads you are following. Any new content will then show up in the 'Watched Content' section of the sidebar, and I believe you can even receive any new posts to these threads by email.

Sanuk!

Thanks KS, I shall give it a go :beer:

Archived