A Couple Or Three Questions

Coss

Impending arrival is looming, shit hot!

But being a worrier and some of this new to me I thought I'd ask...

If anyone can help, please help me, calm my mind, on the following questions:

1/a. pre pay MicroSim for iPhone 4, best purchased at MBK or elsewhere?

1/b. And are there any providers in particular, that will get coverage over the river from Nong Khai? (It would be cool to call people in Thailand on a Thai number whilst in Laos)

2/a. re entry permit for Non Imm O Family visa, best obtained where?

2/b. The main page at http://www.immigration.go.th/ says any check point will do it, but coming or going?

3/ Docs required for Kasikorn Bank account, will the docs I have for the Non Imm visa suffice?

Any and all comment gratefully received

Your in extreme humblement

Coss

Further to my question 2/a. the NZ Thai Embassy lists this below, as a one stop visa service centre:

207 Rachadapisek Road,

Krisda Plaza,

Dindaeng,

Bangkok 10310,

Tel 662-693-9333-9,

Fax. 662-693-9340

Anyone had experience? Is it still open?

Cheers

Coss

Coss, that place is closed. You need to go to the main Immigration center at Chaeng Wattana.

There is a one stop place - but not for your type of needs - it only handles work permit and visa renewals.

Thanks for that

and here's a mappy thing for others that need to know how to get there

Impending arrival is looming, shit hot!

But being a worrier and some of this new to me I thought I'd ask...

If anyone can help, please help me, calm my mind, on the following questions:

1/a. pre pay MicroSim for iPhone 4, best purchased at MBK or elsewhere?

1/b. And are there any providers in particular, that will get coverage over the river from Nong Khai? (It would be cool to call people in Thailand on a Thai number whilst in Laos)Riverside....AIS works....or did last year....away from Riverside it still works but you get raped on International Roaming charges TALK TO GOD...He knows all....especially in that neck of the woods

2/a. re entry permit for Non Imm O Family visa, best obtained where? Should be OK at N K.... But again....Talk with GOD

2/b. The main page at http://www.immigration.go.th/ says any check point will do it, but coming or going? GOING...It's a RE entry Visa.....not an Entry Visa

3/ Docs required for Kasikorn Bank account, will the docs I have for the Non Imm visa suffice? Requirements will vary from Branch to Branch....Think I only needed my Passport....from memory..... But your Visa Docs should be more than ample

Any and all comment gratefully received

Your in extreme humblement

Coss

See ya soon Bro

Cheers DS

...2/a. re entry permit for Non Imm O Family visa, best obtained where?

2/b. The main page at http://www.immigration.go.th/ says any check point will do it, but coming or going?

...Coss

Why do you need a re-entry permit? If as you say, you have a Non-Imm O visa you will get 90 days on entry.

If it is a single entry visa, you will get 90 days once and then the visa is done.

If it is multi-entry (which I hope you got), then you will get 90 days on each entry and there is no need for a re-entry permit.

If all you have is a single entry visa , then getting the re-entry permit will only keep your original permission to stay date valid (that would be the 90 days on your first entry).

You only need the re-entry permit if you get the one year extension based on either Thai wife or retirement (done at immigration in Thailand). Once you get the extension, you will need to re-entry permit to keep that extension valid (they will stamp you in with the same permission to stay date on each entry).

TH

Why do you need a re-entry permit? If as you say, you have a Non-Imm O visa you will get 90 days on entry.

If it is a single entry visa, you will get 90 days once and then the visa is done.

If it is multi-entry (which I hope you got), then you will get 90 days on each entry and there is no need for a re-entry permit.

If all you have is a single entry visa , then getting the re-entry permit will only keep your original permission to stay date valid (that would be the 90 days on your first entry).

You only need the re-entry permit if you get the one year extension based on either Thai wife or retirement (done at immigration in Thailand). Once you get the extension, you will need to re-entry permit to keep that extension valid (they will stamp you in with the same permission to stay date on each entry).

TH

I asked for multiple entry, the Thai Embassy here only issued a single entry.

I do plan to live in Laos, (plan A), but if that looks unlikely, then I'll go for a retirement extension (based on the Non Imm O Family) in Thailand. In the mean time I'll need a re entry for the current visa.

I think I'll do the retirement or family extension anyway though.

Thanks for your comments.

As I said, the re-entry permit will only keep your original 90 day permission to stay date valid. If you enter Thailand on say Sept 24th, you will get a permission to stay stamp of Dec 23rd.

That Dec 23rd date is all you ever get with the re-entry permit no matter how many times you leave and enter.

If you are going back and forth from Thailand to Laos, what is point of the re-entry permit?

You don’t need the Non Imm O to get a retirement extension, they will give you one on visa exempt, assuming you have the money in the bank or income verification document.

TH

Archived