University ,assorted

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

may I most politely remind the esteemed community that my family roots lie in Estern Prussia , a country ruled by frugality , fidelity and discipline . My utmost concern has always been to achieve at least some of my ancestors attributes and it t therefore comes with great pleasure that I did already pick up the idea of purchasing a second hand transport unit , though I agree with those who say the netbook should be new . I only hope that in the moment we close the transportation-deal nobody will ask Khun Bubi to do a test ride as it would be the first time in my life sitting on this species of wild buffalo . Thank you very much .

As this thread did in the meantime slip towards the classic issue falang/lady Thai I would like to let you know that retiring in the Kingdom would be the very last thing on earth that I could ever imagine , neither did I ever spend a single night in any sponsored property . Living in a Thai countryside village is very enjoyable for a day or two though I know falangs who seem to spend a life in happyness under those circumstances . Up to them .

Unfortunately nothing is eternal , meaning any Baht spent for anything in conjunction with a relationship should be considered as finally gone . Never did I invest in smashed legs , rheumatic buffaloes or , well ,broken motorcycles . Bubis works are long lasting and should he disappear round the corner one day it shall be said : He gone but good heart . :yeahthat:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mind boggling really what these gents get themselves into. The lucky ones are younger and still have a job and income. The sad ones are the older guys with not much remaining in assets, no job or even the possibility of a job, and a small monthly pension. These guys are truly fucked. One guy I know is 85 years old, and has lost it all, except his meager monthly pension check.

It's sad to see most times.

OT.

Most stuff I read kinda goes in and out, just like conversation. Stuff to pass the time and communicate, but it doesn't really mean much or stay with you. And then there's some stuff that gets mentally shelved away -- kind of like all the files on your PC that you don't really look at or access, but you keep em, for whatever reason.

And then, there's a small percent that kicks on the lightbulb and creates a new neural pathway. Two years from now I'll remember it and it will play a small factor in perception and maybe even decision making. One of those things that has some resonance maybe. Fuck if I know.

The point is, that was good Cent. I only snipped part for the reply but the whole fucking thing was good.

Oh, I'm still coming to LoS though.

So many guys here I have seen, especially older guys, have left it all behind and placed all their eggs in the LOS basket, in the relationship with their dream Thai lady, and think they have it made in the shade. Without a thought for contingencies of the negative sort that may arise in the future, they think it will all be roses, champagne, love and bliss.

Fantastic posts, CS, and I apologise for zeroing in a small part of it. Most here know that my stupidity hasnt been restricted to that 15k camera, but you are right in saying I havent blown the lot on a poor choice of Thai partner - yet .....

If I have a concern for 2014, and God knows I have several, its that I now have 'Stick-itis' : I have read so many sad stories (and seen a little of it myself) that I would find it very hard to trust *any* Thai woman completely. You can always find negative traits in anyone if you look hard enough, but how many nationalities are so vehemently denounced as materialistic, shallow and deceitful in the way Thais are depicted (male and female) on various Farang sites ? Ironically, sexual fidelity (from either party) is quite low on my list of priorities, but it seems to be the thin edge of the wedge in many of these cases, and I often wonder why many of these guys married in the first place - had they never read about the legendary jealousy of the Thai woman ?

You mention the relationships that do work out, but they dont get anywhere near the number for keystrokes as those which end in bitterness, financial Armageddon and worse. I think it culminated in the story of the poor bastard who was barbecued a few years back, but I suspect that someone has topped that since - in any case, its hair-raising stuff.

When I spent 3 months on Soi 22 back in 2008, I marvelled at various Farang who seemed content to keep to themselves - no Tilac at the coffee shop etc - I'm beginning to see the method in their madness.

BuBi, I apologise for derailing your thread, but your posts continue to be as impenetrable as the carvings at Angkor Wat. May the jungle never obscure your message. :grinyes:

Cent, lets just say that when I first came to the board, I considered many old-timers to be way too cynical - I'm afraid I now share much of that cynicism. Let me bore you with a small tale to illustrate my woeful grasp of Thai women.

Back in 2008, I spent a little too much time at a bar on Cowboy, often whiling away the afternoon there and indulging with some of the 'industry veterans' in-house. On one of my visits, the mamasan introduced me to a new arrival, a stunning Chinese-Thai girl who seemed a bit shocked by the world she had joined. Her asking price was 4,000 baht ST, to which I just laughed and went with one of the more reasonably priced regulars. To look at this girl sitting in the corner, saying little, it was easy to picture a Farang trying to 'save her' from the life - she was a cutie, and she genuinely looked intimidated. She was a wallflower, albeit a pretty one, and I didnt think she would last at a bar where the girls started trying to rub your manhood as soon as you sat down.

Fast forward about six weeks and I went back to Cowboy to find that the pumpkin had metamorphosed into something considerably less wholesome. Still gorgeous, but the temerity had been replaced by the standard 'how much you pay me' look in her eyes. Cocky, laughing and barking commands at the other girls when the Som Tam guy appeared - the mamasan just looked at me, shrugged and said 'She learn fast'. I'm sure that is replayed in bars all over BKK, but it drove home that money is the end game even if you do look like Snow White.

Archived