Let's Do A Writing Comp Again

huumlaar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to offer $100 as a second prize but HH beat me to it.

It's still available, if wanted, as long as the comp can get a decent number of entrants.

Would like to enter but fairly sure I couldn't compete with some on this board.

Zob65, who wrote the McTavish of the Glen stories would be a good contestant but he doesn't post any more, although I'm sure I could kick his arse into action.

There's always a 3rd place?

Go find that other jock

There's always a 3rd place?

Looks like you've already got 3rd prize from BB so it would have to be 4th, but that might mean everyone who enters gets a prize! :cover:

Just joking, you're welcome to it though. :up: You could use it to bump up the other 3 prizes. :dunno:

Go find that other jock

He's just an email away.

Looks like you've already got 3rd prize from BB so it would have to be 4th, but that might mean everyone who enters gets a prize! :cover:

Just joking, you're welcome to it though. Well - KS is! I guess we could bump up first prize now! :up: You could use it to bump up the other 3 prizes. :dunno:

yes - I'm a twat!

He's just an email away.

Great!

But we really need to let people know about this than the four people reading this thread ;)

Hi,

Guys, anything to add / change to the below before I post it?

Thai360 will be hosting another story contest shortly. All members of the site are welcome to send in their contribution.

Prizes are:

- 1st prize : $199 Amazon gift voucher, donated by huumlaar

- 2nd prize: $100, donated by Hugh_Hoy

- 3rd prize: 2,000 Baht, donated by BelgianBoy

Deadline for submission is: May 1st

After that date all submitted stories will be posted anonymously and voting will commence. There will be 2 rounds of voting. The first round will be done on the board and will result in short listing the 3 finalists. The second round will then be held to pick the board members favority; a panel of professional writers will also rate the three finalists and both scores will be added to find the winner.

Obviously there are some rules as well:

- Stories can be either fiction or non-fiction, but have to be related to Thailand.

- Stories should be roughly 500-1000 words.

- Only 1 entry per person.

- We need a minimum of 20 entries before prizes will be awarded.

- Money from the cash prizes can be collected in cash from me (KS) or send by PayPal.

Munchmaster, not really sure what to do with your offer. We could add $50 to each of the first 2 prizes, but that might make the first one a bit odd ($199 Amazon + $50 cash). Suggestions welcome.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Guys, anything to add / change to the below before I post it?

Munchmaster, not really sure what to do with your offer. We could add $50 to each of the first 2 prizes, but that might make the first one a bit odd ($199 Amazon + $50 cash). Suggestions welcome.

Sanuk!

Why not?

$249 first prize etc etc sounds great. I assume you can accept money by pay pal? You have a Amazon account? so as long as you do the spirit of gift I'm happy to send you the "loot" once we have 20 entries by pay pal.

Hi,

Okay, fine by me.

So ....

Thai360 will be hosting another story contest shortly. All members of the site are welcome to send in their contribution.

Prizes are:

- 1st prize: $249 ($199 Amazon gift voucher donated by huumlaar & $50 donated by The_Munchmaster)

- 2nd prize: $150 ($100 donated by Hugh_Hoy & $50 donated by The_Munchmaster)

- 3rd prize: 2,000 Baht (donated by BelgianBoy)

Deadline for submission is: May 1st

After that date all submitted stories will be posted anonymously and voting will commence. There will be 2 rounds of voting. The first round will be done on the board and will result in short listing the 3 finalists. The second round will then be held to pick the board members favority; a panel of professional writers will also rate the three finalists and both scores will be added to find the winner.

Obviously there are some rules as well:

- Stories can be either fiction or non-fiction, but have to be related to Thailand.

- Stories should be roughly 500-1000 words.

- Only 1 entry per person.

- We need a minimum of 20 entries before prizes will be awarded.

- Money from the cash prizes can be collected in cash from me (KS) or send by PayPal.

Any other changes / additions needed?

Sanuk!

Archived