The Farang Yum Woonsen Vendor Of Bangkok

Boo Radley

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mormon missionaries work in pairs. I asked some here why that was so. He said it was to be sure they didn't give in to temptation. Must be quite difficult not to in LOS. Not so sure about Froglandia. A missionary told me that if they were found out alone, they could be terminated and sent home immediately. No hanky panky allowed. :surprised:

Mormon missionaries work in pairs. I asked some here why that was so. He said it was to be sure they didn't give in to temptation. Must be quite difficult not to in LOS. Not so sure about Froglandia. A missionary told me that if they were found out alone, they could be terminated and sent home immediately. No hanky panky allowed. :surprised:

If they were committing hanky panky they would not be doing that alone but with someone else ....

The other week I saw what looked like a farang selling purses (I think) under one of the stairs up to the Saladaeng skytrain station.

Unless the Farang was a Luk Krueng I doubt that he would last one month trading on Silom, as chaotic as the scene may seem it is rather regulated.

It is all via Bang Rak City hall, to get a pitch costs a one off 45,000 Baht then a monthly payment to Bang Rak of 10,000, there is also a one off payment of 30,000 baht to Lumpini police, you get a receipt for 1,000 Baht for the book of "Rules and Regulations of Silom Trading" the other 29K is noever asked about.

Each trader has their 2 licences on them from Bang Rak City Hall, one showing their payment for the pitch and their monthly payments ans the second showing they have paid "1,000 Baht" for the book of rules and regulations, police often do check up for these licences hence the reason many "Traders" do a runner when inspection time.

At lot of the stallholders are "dual business" I know one couple who's mother gets up at 1AM to go to Klong Toey Market to get fresh ingredients and kanom then uses the pitch from 10AM until 5PM, meanwhile the daughter goes to plratanum or china town daytime to buy silk scarves in bulk, at weekends she goes to "Little India" to buy bulk material and has the scarves made up locally, they both pull in over 150K / Month profit and ask me "Why have a stall in Emporium where it costs 200K / Month"

Never look down your nose at a street trader the occasional 200 Baht here and 200 Baht there adds up to 1,000 Baht in 15 minutes or 16K for four hours trading, there is the other side of getting stock, transportation and storage etc but I bet that most of these street traders are making far more money than their office sisters they sell to. .

I cannot nor will not pass comment on other districts since I am unsure of the rules and regulations but I do know about Silom area since over the years I have invested in street traders and am making a decent income from from my return from my investments as a percentage of their profits. Win Win for both parties.

Archived