My 25Th Anniversary Today

The_Munchmaster

25th Anniversary of what?

Well 25 years ago today (21st July 1988) I flew into Bangkok for the very first time. :grinyes:

And with the exception of 2011 I have been back every year since, usually multiple times and pretty much full time from 92 to 99. :cheerleader:

I wonder how different my life would be today if I'd never made that first trip 25 years ago? :dunno:

Congrats on the milestone Munchie I am 4 Months behind you having first visited in November 1988 and it's been my home base in February 1991

No doubt your life probably would not have been very different if you had not have visited 25 years ago since due to your expat lifestyle it was probably bound to happen one time or another. You were fortunate enough to find it back then in your mid twenties when it was a Pre-Internet age adventure and are still able to keep on making frequent visits, long may it last.

One thing that pisses me off whenever I go back to UK is seeing the same old sad faces sat in the same old bar drinking the same old beer complaining and they call me lucky. These are the same old sad buggers who wouldn't take a job because it entailed catching 2 buses and a 45 minute journey, they have never lived.

Flash,

I was divorced once before I relocated to SE Asia in 1988, the second one followed when I decided I preffered it in this area of the world and never went back.

The Army sent me to SE Asia when I was in my early 20s. Even with a war, I was hooked. Left SVN in March 1970. Arrived in LOS in March 1973. I bet my life would have been a helluva lot different if the Army had sent me to Germany. :dunno:

It depends, I guess many your comrads would have loved to go to Germany instead of Vietnam, even thought it might have been a very boring assignment.

Archived