Soi 10 not bad!

Old Hippie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Big Draft Beer Sighting, db. I don't know many beer bars that sell draft beer. I'll have to check it out. In fact, one of these days I have to check out that Soi 10 scene.

If I could only drag myself away from the gogo bars....smile.gif

"Least I can't think of a red baht bus at 3.5 at that time of night. "

actually some 'red' busses run all night, but like you said they're a hefty 5B then! pretty cheap though if you're heading all the way out sukumvit to samut prakan...

but you can be sure almost all BG's wanna go home in style (taxi/M-taxi) after a ST/LT no matter if they get taxi money or not! reason for asking taxi money may actually be geneuine if say they get 1000B & have no small money for the taxi themselves?

their problem I know so I usually don't pay taxi ;-)

Drink prices ranged from 70bht to about 100bht, depended on the bar. The more empty bars had higher prices (so the girls told me). A few places had signs up for happy hour specials, 50-60 bht. Our party consumed 2 klosters, 3 cream de menthes, a coffee and 1 ladies drink, about 520 bht. Maybe bad math? Anyway, I like the place! As BD said, there are a lot of quieter places in back. Also, I did notice a lot more Thai guys hanging around in the back, seemed to want to play pool, and hang out. I think some of them work there moving beer around or something. I also noticed a number of Katoeys scattered about. All in all, a decent place.

Got an e-mail today from a former CP beer bar girl who says she is now working at SS10 and it is a lot of fun. Had pretty much decided not to see her during July trip but do plan to have a look at Soi 10 spots, so I guess I'll have to wear the Groucho disguise! crazy.gif

Archived