Soi 10 not bad!

Old Hippie

Some of the bars have built up a walkway of say 6 inches high around their bars so this alieviates many of the problems of getting wet.

You are right though - that whole area is very susceptable to flooding and I would imagine all the bars will have to adopt the same strategy to solve it fully.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent some time at Montica during rain .. and it's very good. No leakage noted. Haven't been out during REAL downpour.

Montica has 3 full size pool tables and Walker's bar (just behind Montica) has two full size pool tables and one dart board.

Nice place to spend the afternoon but since there is no aircon, it can get hot!

Just thought I would use this occasion to give the boys not in the BKK a bit of a weather report.

Remember how we were complaining several weeks ago about the early arrival of the rainy season?

Well, our complaints must have fallen on sympathetic ears, because the last week it has been absolutely beautiful here in Bangkok. Yesterday, there was a bit of a storm, but more thunder and lightning than rain - at least where I am located downtown.

But the other days have all featured blue skies, plenty of sun, and not really scorching temperatures.

And, wouldn't you know it...I am back to working ten hour days and cannot enjoy this great weather. frown.gif

Other T-Shirt:

My neice wears one that says:

Strip me naked

Dip me in chocolate

and throw me to the lesbians!

She is 15!!!

Taipan

"I dodged the storm by hiding at Annies..."

Gee, I hope you were wearing your rubbers.

Yes, I never go out without my raingear...

Old Hippie, do you provide your own "rain gear" or does Annie's provide it?

Taipan

Archived