Two Chiang Mai Districts Declared Cold-Spell Disaster Zones

Flashermac

Two districts in Chiang Mai have been declared cold-spell disaster zones after the temperature there plunged between four to seven Celsius degrees Monday, a senior official said.

Phatthanida Sadudee, chief of the Chiang Mai Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office, said the Om Koi and Fang districts were declared cold-spell disaster zones.

Monday saw the mercury on top of the Doi Inthanon drop to 3 Celsius degrees.

Phattanida said the cold spell affected 95 villages in six tambon of Omkoi and affected two villages in Fang.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-Chiang-Mai-districts-declared-cold-spell-disas-30222207.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

The problem is that Thais are not really used to big differences in temperature. In Northern Europe people experience temperatures between -10C and 30C, a 40 degree spread, but in Thailand this is often only 20C-40C, a 20 degree spread.

I think that that might well account for them not handling temperatures outside of this range well.

Sanuk!

I would gladly take the temps they got seeing how I'm in the oil fields of North Dakota trying to move a oil rig out

I know not the same, but damm it got cold here.

Then my wife who happens to be at the family house, happened to unld. all my cold weather gear by mistake in Sept.

So I had to go running around last minute and pay high dollar for cold weather gear.

I found out my Thai is better than I thought it was because I unloaded on the phone with her about not having my gear.

And did most of it in Thai. Kinda shocked me,but her more. She said I did'nt think you could speak it that well.

Found all her gear, but not mine..

Archived