Chinese Men Buying Brides From Vietnam Is Getting Out Of Control

cavanami

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/news/boys-without-girls

The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences recently predicted that in the year 2020, China will have as many as 40,000,000 more young men than women under the age of 20. That's roughly the equivalent of the entire population of young men in the United States, or twice as many as in the three largest countries in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear of this gender imbalance but blogs and forums of westerners living in China say how easy it is to get a Chinese girlfriend. How women find it hard to get a husband and if they are not on the road to marrisge by 25 or 26 they risk never getting married at all at 30.

I assume its not poor country Chinese farmers buying these brides or is it?

The forums and blogs say its fairly difficult for the average Chinese gil to get a husband. Which does jibe with their scarcity? Even Chinese say its a "buyers" market for guys in China. Seems strange. Anyway as long as I have an easy time

sounds like Thailand :)

Ummm ... no. Educated Thai women generally do not like to leave their country. (One reason I'm still here.) However, this may be changing with the younger generation. In recent years, two of my former students have made their homes in the States that I know of. :dunno: