What Is The Latest Book That You Have Read?

cavanami

50 Shades of Grey

E.L. James

Quite the romantic, erotic novel!

Young, innocent, lady, still a virgin, just graduates from the University.

She meets with a young, handsome, billionaire and out of the gate they go!

He has a very, very dark side but she is drawn to him....

This is 1 of 3 of the trilogy.

Easy, quick read. Entertaining and I know a few BMs would greatly enjoy the read...

** 1/2

"The Annihilation Score", by Charles Stross. Latest in the "Laundry" series, about an obscure British intelligence service that protects against occult threats. Lots more fun than it sounds from my description. Excellent.

I just started "The Mind Play Study Guide", by Mark Wiseman. This is nonfiction, a gentle introduction to erotic hypnosis. Too soon to tell how good it is. (This one is a "small sips" approach, as opposed to the "drinking from a firehose" approach I got from Mark Cunningham, in various seminars over the years.)

At the insistence of a very comely blonde Sweet Young Thing, I am trying to plow through "50 Shades of Grey". It is slow slogging. The writing is TERRIBLE, and Christina Abernathy's "Erotic Slavehood: A Miss Abernathy Omnibus", while no-fiction instead of rebranded "Twilight" fan fiction, is a far better introduction to the topic.

Not a book as such but wading my way again through the works of Tom Sharpe.

His novels are full of satire and sarcasm, as a Brit much like my life.

If the idea of gas filled condoms emitting from the chimney stack of a Cambridge University then exploding and destroying half the campus humour you then I recommend Porterhouse Blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Jake's Thing. by Kingsley Amis.

I always seem to like his books, very bleak, not happy but satirical at times that push a pained grin onto my face like trying to shift a huge solid shit from my bowels.

I like his books, I really do, most of those by Martin too.

And I have to wonder why, given both are quite right wing, and I am a far opposite.

Well worth the read/.