Leaving Thailand

My Penis is hungry

Interesting that just recently a number of people I know have decided to leave Thailand.

For me, just as I came for Thailand for work, I am leaving Thailand for work.

The bars never really held much attention for me, but I sure will miss Saphon Kway, I do like ducking down there,

The various alternative night market type areas I've always enjoyed,

I'll miss the village more than my family will I suspect.

I am moving because:-

Work here sucks,

Kids need to get a better education that I can afford

Wife needs to get a passport from my home country

I've never liked Bangkok much, and like it less and more now. More as it is getting better in many ways, Ari which has been a second home of ours for nearly 15 years is a great area getting more interesting all the time

BUT It's almost as expensive as living in the west.

Without discussing which side of politics, the situation here sucks and isn't going to get better.

When I do go to bars, well, frankly I have a lot more fun in Jakarta and Hanoi than I do in Cowboy or Nana, regardless of costs, AND Jakarta and Hanoi are cheaper to boot.

Speaking of other Asian cotunries, my old work took me 50% of my time in other Asian countries, it surprised me to find nicer malls, restaurants, night life in many other countries than Bangkok. I'm NOT a foodie, but food is often better elsewhere, Yep - even in Manila I can get a better steak, cooked better, at a fraction of the price in Thailand, same goes for Jakarta,

I do see myself returning to live in old age in Asia, but not guaranteed it will be Thailand.

Thai's are changing, and I don't think for the best.

Do you guys all know each other or something? :)

Well, I don't know ya but appreciate the input you've shared - hope it continues. Best wishes.

Yes.....A lot of guys do know each other

6, 7 8 years ago there were Friday night "meetings" where who ever was in town ..(or lived here)..got together

Various locations...Woodstock at Nana was the first I went to.....but different Board name in those days

Can't remember them all....but "Gullables" in Soi 5 was next (I think)

Then Bradman's in Soi 23

Then a couple of others....Det 5 in Soi 8...the last one I remember

Some place in Soi 14 also was "In" for a Short Time....LOL

Things move on....people move on.....

Things gradually went to shit....and it all fell apart

Having said that....I've met a great bunch of guys through this board....and it's predecessor

Cheers DS

• Like 1

Couldn't think of a better space where I'd rather be....than where I am now...

Location wise...

Relationship wise....

Health wise....

Life is good my friend

Cheers DS....The Artist formally known as DC..... :p

Agree - you've got a sweet spot, as I said, we'll be back, but need to get the kids through school, wife the passport, job secured, then we'll be able to move home again, but that's many years away I feel.

Cav - sorry, was a quick decision, and I believe you wasn't around, neither was dddave, so I missed quite a few of you, some couldn't find there way out of Suk to make the last party.