Thai-Ness

OK I'll change the buzzword to Marmite, ...... pity I quite liked Thai-Ness. Since some board members, are so serious and sensitive, lacking in uniqueness, diversity and individuality, which of couse is Marmite

post-55327-0-70718900-1429313737_thumb.jpg

I just love Antone Pinto, a farang born in France, I hope he get's his Thai nationality soon, a man who is proud of Thailand and to represent it ..

post-55327-0-27377500-1429317606_thumb.png

" It's not my fault, if your women weren't so beautiful I would have never come to LOS in the first place, and if I'd never come to LOS, I'd never have formed these opinions "

I would have thought a clever man such as yourself, would have always known there was going to be a price to pay, which is probably these very opinions

You clearly got some very one sided opinions about UK healthcare, probably formed by the mass media. There are undoubtedly horror stories but I would suggest they are no worse than anywhere else. Remember western media like a lot of places is often a political tool. I can only speak of personal experiences to put it in some perspective. My father had 2 life saving treatments in UK under the NHS both of which were dealt with speedily and very efficiently. His hospital stays were lengthy and I would equate the level of care with that at Bumrungrad, where I also have some experience, both my kids were born there and I watched a friend die there from cancer. I also had minor surgery done there. No complaints and first class. I can't say the same of provincial health care in Thailand which seems rudimentary at best and scary at worst.

UK National healthcare may have its problems but it is generally very good and uniform across the country. In Thailand I've only really seen it work where it's a business. Again a personal experience involving both of my parents. When in later years they faced medical issues often a call to the health centre prompted a visit from the doctor, that is a house call, all free of course. Even myself when I got laid up with pneumonia and couldn't move the doctor came to the house.

I don't want to suggest a degree of grandstanding for the UK national health which is truly in need of enormous additional funds but I think you might find a lot of the inward immigration to the UK is in part to take advantage of the welfare state. Why do all the migrants in France want to get to UK. Even a lot of the French speaking ones.

Returning to the Thai-Ness theme it's not so much about negative or positive I think, just a bucket into which to put stuff that's not either easily or happily talked about or examined in any detail.

" Is he any relation to Antoine Pinto? "

Thank you for pointing out the spelling error, and missing " i " in Antonie ................... I know him as Antuan Siangboxing.

" You clearly got some very one sided opinions about UK healthcare, probably formed by the mass media."

No, ...... only from my boyfriend who is also English, his version is quite different to yours. He believes it is under extreme pressure and at breaking point, underfunded and a shortage of trained doctors and nurses. It's possible as you said the mass media are aware of it too ...

" You clearly got some very one sided opinions about UK healthcare, probably formed by the mass media."

No, ...... only from my boyfriend who is also English, his version is quite different to yours. He believes it is under extreme pressure and at breaking point, underfunded and a shortage of trained doctors and nurses. It's possible as you said the mass media are aware of it too ...

Which is still pretty much one sided I'd say. Not exactly a balanced cross section of opinion perhaps. Have to wonder what formed his opinions and how positive he is about other parts of UK society.

What the mass media are 'aware' of and what they 'report' are often times at odds with each other.

" It's not my fault, if your women weren't so beautiful I would have never come to LOS in the first place, and if I'd never come to LOS, I'd never have formed these opinions "

I would have thought a clever man such as yourself, would have always known there was going to be a price to pay, which is probably these very opinions

I wish I was clever, then people would laugh at my jokes.

My bit about the beautiful Thai women was a simile for the logic we Farangs often encounter in LOS. Two spring to mind...

1/. A Thai motorcyclist driving dangerously collides with Farang who was minding his own business, it's clearly the motorcyclists fault, but all Thais who see this accident are of the opinion that "If the Farang hadn't come to Thailand, the accident would not have happened, ergo, it's the Farang's fault."

2/. A Thai girlfriend of someone whose name escapes me, gets a scooter. Farang boyfriend returning to Farangland for a month says "Don't ride the bike when you've been drinking Ja", she says "Yes Ja".

While he is away she drives drunk into a lamppost, not badly hurt, but still an accident whilst drinking. Says she, "I was all right and nearly at home until I remembered your warning, I was distracted by your warning and lost control because I was thinking of your warning. If you hadn't warned me, I would have not had the accident, it's your fault".

So my " It's not my fault, if your women weren't so beautiful I would have never come to LOS in the first place, and if I'd never come to LOS, I'd never have formed these opinions " says its the Thais fault, I think like this :)

• Like 1