Thai-Ness

" Have to wonder what formed his opinions and how positive he is about other parts of UK society."

Since I first met him many years ago, his opinions have changed as well, as has the UK itself. But unlike some of the board members here, he is the complete opposite, and has become far more disillusioned with the UK than he would ever be in Thailand.

Not all board members would agree with this opinion, he regards himself as one of the very fortunate farangs to at least to have had the choice, where he prefers to be. Meeting me of course was the best thing that happened to him, perhaps that might well play a part in it .... :)

" So my " It's not my fault, if your women weren't so beautiful I would have never come to LOS in the first place, and if I'd never come to LOS, I'd never have formed these opinions " says its the Thais fault, I think like this :) """"

" 1/. A Thai motorcyclist driving dangerously collides with Farang who was minding his own business, it's clearly the motorcyclists fault, but all Thais who see this accident are of the opinion that " If the Farang hadn't come to Thailand, the accident would not have happened, ergo, it's the Farang's fault."

" 2/. A Thai girlfriend of someone whose name escapes me, gets a scooter. Farang boyfriend returning to Farangland for a month says "Don't ride the bike when you've been drinking Ja", she says "Yes Ja".

Yes .. I understand the problem, it's being in the wrong place at the wrong time ....

" If this is the sort of shite you're going to post "

Yes, .. It's dificult to follow your memorable post " On what's your favourite crisp flavour " ...

" So my " It's not my fault, if your women weren't so beautiful I would have never come to LOS in the first place, and if I'd never come to LOS, I'd never have formed these opinions " says its the Thais fault, I think like this :) """"

" 1/. A Thai motorcyclist driving dangerously collides with Farang who was minding his own business, it's clearly the motorcyclists fault, but all Thais who see this accident are of the opinion that " If the Farang hadn't come to Thailand, the accident would not have happened, ergo, it's the Farang's fault."

" 2/. A Thai girlfriend of someone whose name escapes me, gets a scooter. Farang boyfriend returning to Farangland for a month says "Don't ride the bike when you've been drinking Ja", she says "Yes Ja".

Yes .. I understand the problem, it's being in the wrong place at the wrong time ....

"I understand the problem'

No you don't, you still think it's the Farangs fault when its the Thai that are in the wrong, but face and Thai-ness won't allow them to admit it.

• Like 2

" No you don't, you still think it's the Farangs fault when its the Thai that are in the wrong, but face and Thai-ness won't allow them to admit it."

Before I answer, I need to to consult with my lawyer ....

"has been going to a local orphange every month, with clothes food and money, without fuss or glory for himself ...

That's Thai-Ness"

No that's farangness, Thais don't do that much, they'd rather buy luck and fortune by giving money to a wat or monk than actually doing something good.

Farangs tend to be more likely to do something for people less well off.

• Like 1