Bug In The House

khunsanuk

Hi,

Last night, just after I'd finished reading and was about to turn in, I heard our dog walking around and seemed like he was playing with something. Figured it was probably a cockroach or something, but decided to turn on the light anyway to make sure.

Turns out it was a fucking centipede at least 15cm long!

Quickly grabbed the dog and put him on the bed. My wife told me to use the broom to scoop it in the garbage bin and release it outside. I release it outside alright, after I beat the fucking crap out of it first! Do not need that thing coming back into the house again.

Sanuk!

• Like 1

It wasn't one of these bastards, was it? 15cm in length sounds about right. Mukade, they're called here: when I lived in (sub-tropical) southern Japan I had a couple scuttle across the tatami while I was watching TV. Scared the shit out of me. :shocked:

The wee fuckers are poisonous, can be fatal, :nono: and they're virtually indestructible. You can spray them all day with bug spray: no reaction at all. :dunno: I remember battering one repeatedly with the base of a sturdy metal saucepan for about half a minute, and he was still bobbing and weaving, twitching and ready to roll when I stopped to take a slug of beer. (When my ex-missus used to do that to me, I was always out like a light after the first few clouts.) :doah:

1336626300_514b097807.jpg

Mukade: that's 'scolopendra subspinipes' to you, partner. :clown:

http://thejapans.org...nese-centipede/

https://en.wikipedia...dra_subspinipes

Oh fuck, I see I'm back to being unable to embed stuff. :shakehead

jack :help:

In the house and on the steps, small geckos, swarming winged termites, moths the size of badminton rackets, snakes up to 2 metres, scorpions up to 15 cm, frogs of at least 4 species, toads of 3 species, wild bee swarm, yes - centipedes like the one above, biting ants, fire ants, an owl with a 1 metre wingspan, flying squirrels, butterflies galore and my absolute favourite - a Tokay gecko on the window above my head whilst sleeping, 30cm if it was an inch and robust like a cast iron salami when I caught it and let it go outside.

All fun and games in the Lao PDR.