Message In A Bottle Arrives From Roi Et

Coss

NTN NEWSROOM – A plastic bottle containing a message from the municipal government of Roi Et was discovered floating near the eastern flood wall in Minburi yesterday. 

The bottle was opened by NTN staff and found to contain a single-page handwritten note with the city’s official stamp on it. 

The message read: “Help us. We are experiencing terrible floods. No one is answering our calls.”

The letter was dated August 21, 2011. Phone calls to Roi Et City Hall were unable to get through.

image.jpeg.5643613024f5fe19516f32b74c5c23ea.jpeg

Kong, as cautious as I am, to beg to differ, the log woulda floated down the river and then sunk 150 yrs ago, then be salvaged recently - good money.

In NZ there is a Swamp Kauri industry that digs up trees from 45,000 yrs ago. 

Some of the big Kauri take 2,000 yrs to grow and as they got so big, they got very heavy, eventually tipping over and sinking into a swamp, where they remained until farmers and the like, digging ditches and such, came across them in the modern era. https://www.nzgeo.com/stories/swamp-kauri/

5 hours ago, Coss said:

Kong, as cautious as I am, to beg to differ, the log woulda floated down the river and then sunk 150 yrs ago, then be salvaged recently - good money.

Where did I mention Log? Only stated that <20 years old the tree would not have grown its trunk large enough to be described as a log.

The sequence is

Stick
Branch
Branchlet
Twig
Log
Bough
Limb
Arm
Sprig
Trunk
Stump

Ring Width aka how much a teak grows is 3.0mm average over first 20 years or so, therefore diameter increase of 6mm per year which equates to 120mm (4”)over 20 years

From This Table a log is defined as 240mm (8”) or above. So if the Tree diameter has not yet reached “Log Status” it is then the smaller one being “Twig” as I stated.

You can beg to differ all you want, but please do t put words in my mouth.

I SAID TWIG FFS 

Timber is a term applied to finished wood. Wood is refined, but timber is unrefined wood. Wood is just the term for the material that comprises all timbers and logs. Timber begins as a simple wooden log and is transformed into beams, boards, rafter shapes, and other structures,

Source