PNG Highlands

bust

Spent 3 months working in the Highlands. Never again. These people are primitive. I saw one tribal battle in Port Moresby near Erima along the river on the way to the airport. Never seen anything so terrifying in my life. Brutal.

I remember my first trip in the 80's for work. 

My driver was a young bloke, only a few years younger than me, and we got along very well, he was driving part time and studying computers at uni

I asked him why do you guys loose the plot and go feral? 

"Well you need to remember, when I was a boy I really did believe the helicopter was a god. So when things get to stressful I myself can even snap, and I'm back thinking like a storage man. 

It will be my childrens children who will only shake that off"

Very interesting and intelligent answer I thought

As you know I am very good friends with some practising cannibals. From highlands of course.

I remember that story. They obviously didn't declare it on their inbound card..

While I was working in Lae there was an incident where a father ate his infant son in front of anyone who cared to watch in the middle of the marketplace.. Think I still have the story or link somewhere. Oddly the marketplace was where a lot of the crazy stuff happened. Like the unfortunate fella who got court steeling food so the held him down and chopped his arm off with a cane knife.

I remember the sign on a door at the pub in Mt Hagan, capital of the Highlands.

Leave your gun here with our staff.

I thought a great idea, as everyone in the pub was getting really drunk and highlanders aren't happy drunka, quite the opposite.

And as I was leaving it dawned on me

They are giving back to all these agro drunk highlanders their guns.

Aghhhhhh

8 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I remember the sign on a door at the pub in Mt Hagan, capital of the Highlands.

Leave your gun here with our staff.

I thought a great idea, as everyone in the pub was getting really drunk and highlanders aren't happy drunka, quite the opposite.

And as I was leaving it dawned on me

They are giving back to all these agro drunk highlanders their guns.

Aghhhhhh

Same thing, in Siem Reap, they had pigeon holes for the pistols and !grenades! and umbrella stands for the long arms.

Lots of military in there. When a, "do you know who my father is?" started up on the other side of the room, I grabbed the nearest lady and left.

My mum daceades ago flying within Loas, landed in a remote spot on a small russian twin engine plane, 

Her seat belt she had to tie into a know, 

But leaving was far more fun 

Lovely Laos Air Hostie looking sweet and beautiful was holding a huge iron ring with two hands, 

Dangling from that was a variety of pistols and revolvers, 

""Ïs one of these yours maám?

My mum said no but she was really partical to a nice looking Beretta, and there was a small pistol she could pop into her handbag she said