Overloaded soil truck likely causes concrete slab collapse in Bangkok

Coss

OK think of this way. Lay a piece of wood between 2 bricks and jump on it. It breaks. Lay that same piece of wood on a solid surface and nothing happens.

Had the slab been supported equally and continuously or sufficiently that would never have happened. More of an engineering fail than the concrete.

Also looking at it but couldn't be sure, it looks like 2 separate slabs. The fold appears to be a joint.

But if the slab had of been on a solid surface there would still be a solid surface in place when slab removed. How would MEA be able to carry out underground work if a solid surface in the way?

The article clearly states “Concrete Slab” singular if 2 Separate it would have said “SlabS

But then we are just hypothesising.

1 hour ago, Coss said:

I reckon that Somchai the road builder, probably signed someone else's signature on the clearance form for, "All work here carried out to spec." and has now run away.

Roadbuilder Somchai according various sources confirmed ."  Salabb too stalong , no can break. Big car hab many pomplemm "

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mekong said:

'But if the slab had of been on a solid surface there would still be a solid surface in place when slab removed.' How would MEA be able to carry out underground work if a solid surface in the way?

The article clearly states “Concrete Slab” singular if 2 Separate it would have said “SlabS

But then we are just hypothesising.

Doesn't need to be a solid surface to be fit for purpose. Like I said more an engineering fail. As for the slab/slabs for it to fold in that way as a single slab it would indicate a lack of, or complete absence of any reinforcement, again an engineering fail.

So again the point I am making is the concrete didn't fail the application did. Wonder who, if anyone signed off on the works 😊