Israel-Gaza

bust

I have a really bad feeling about this for both sides.

Protests are escalating around the world. Seems no longer about the Israelis v Palestinians. Both sides appear guilty of  war crimes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/31/have-war-crimes-been-committed-in-israel-and-gaza-and-what-international-laws-apply

11 hours ago, Mekong said:

The United States and Truman were guilty of war crimes by establishing Israel in 1948 when the British left Palestine against the UN Resolution 181

The US trying to police the world always leads to fuck ups

Other than the invention of pure humanity as for example treating the Brits South African people long before. As if I don´t care, just in opposition to Khun Kong.

I was just reading something now relating to Trump. I'm posting the below missive, as the Gaza mess is a stew and the Israelis and Hamas are the chillies in the Meat and Beans.

But!        

This post, is to further the flavours, you kind gentlemen are discussing, and comes with some commentary, that I picked up on, listening to a podcast (Rachel Maddow - Déjà News).

and so, briefly - ish:

Back in the day, after WW1 after the League of Nations was formed, to "group hug" and protect each other, Mussolini was hell bent on invading and taking Ethiopia.

Despite a long and strident international campaign by the Emperor Haile Selassie, the putative leaders of the League of Nations decided to do nothing, as they thought that any attempt to stop Mussolini would push the world into WW2.

History shows, that WW2 happened anyway. In part, because a loose coalition, of  "Strong" men like Mussolini, Stalin and notably Hitler, thought they could get away, with anything, because the League of Nations had failed to protect Ethiopia.

Fast forward to Putin. Recently he took Crimea. The U.N. failed to do anything of substance. Then he took the eastern Donbas region of Ukraine, the U.N. ditto, nothing of substance. Then he launched on the Ukraine as a whole. The Western world is supporting the Ukraine, but without any direct action, like U.S. bombers hitting Russians.

So at least, the West is trying.

Now the Hamas have slaughtered some Israeli folk, including large numbers of children and women - also hostages taken, to be dangled on hooks.

The West, but primarily the U.S.A. is in there, mainly in unflinching support, of the Grinning Chimp Netanyahu.

This has, in my opinion, raised the heat on the Middle East cauldron, to boiling over. If the heat is not lowered it will get a lot worse, with Iran in the wings and the rest of the place, all girding their robes, to ride into battle and sort out their historical and tribal grievances.

Once again, as if in a parallel with Ethiopia from the '30s, we have "Strong" men pushing the limits.

Unknown, at least to me, is where China will move in all of this.

Also, though I am comfortable that the U.S.A. is going to remain the stable and liberal representative democracy we all know, they've had a close call.

Trump was the front man, but the Hyenas were the GOP, who have a history, of close ties to Germany's Nazi movement in build up and execution of WW2. So much so, that some senators were then using the free U.S. government mail, they had access to, to mail out Nazi propaganda leaflets. Ref podcast (Rachel Maddow - Ultra).

I think it is probably human nature, that when someone has the opportunity, to make themselves King of the Universe, at any cost, they will take that opportunity.

Fortunately the masses, always have more masses, and can remove, the cancers that arise, from time to time.

Epilogue:

From the beginning of this post, where I was just reading something, about Trump.

An excerpt:

It’s Official: With “Vermin,” Trump Is Now Using Straight-up Nazi Talk.

...On Saturday at 10:25 a.m., he posted on Truth Social:

“In honor of our great Veterans on Veteran’s Day, we pledge to you that we will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists, and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country, lie, steal, and cheat on Elections, and will do anything possible, whether legally or illegally, to destroy America, and the American dream.”

Then, at a rally in New Hampshire later that day, he repeated those words essentially verbatim—promising to “root out ... the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country”—and then doubled down on it:

“The real threat is not from the radical right, the real threat is from the radical left, and it’s growing every day, every single day. The threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous, and grave than the threat from within. Our threat is from within.”

This is straight-up Nazi talk, in a way he’s never done quite before. To announce that the real enemy is domestic and then to speak of that enemy in subhuman terms is Fascism 101. Especially that particular word...

https://newrepublic.com/article/176877/trump-vermin-speech-nazi-language

It may be that Trump is over - but he's still trying.

____

So my theme I guess, is that all around the world Fascism is on the rise and that either WW3 is imminent, or can be avoided, if the major Super Power, U.S.A. and allies remain stable and liberal representative democracies.

If you are interested, please take the time to listen to the podcasts (not too onerous) and read the New Republic link I posted.

Needless to say, I am not on the side of the Fascists.

5 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Other than the invention of pure humanity as for example treating the Brits South African people long before. As if I don´t care, just in opposition to Khun Kong.

6,000,000 v 28,000, a bit fucking rich talking about crimes against humanity coming from a German.