Let's hope people remember the last time (WWII)

Coss

In case we've not been paying attention, to the recent rise in antisemitic feeling being made in public, it appears that folk like Eion Musk are in, boots and all.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/nov/16/elon-musk-antisemitic-tweet-adl

We're already discussing related matters in this Thread

And if we factor Musk and other's attitudes, with the resurgent rise in fascism (see my Post),  we might be heading for another nasty period in History.

Maybe I'm alarmist, I'd like that to be so.

Sir, I am just about to go sleeping but do agree with your vision of the world. So many a people in America seem to be prepared to vote for a swine like Trump, looking at any meeting of heads of state somewhere you see a bunch of murderous crooks feeling great. I join your feelings we are heading for nasty times. Apart from this, my cigars are finished. Good night for now.

On 11/18/2023 at 2:54 AM, Coss said:

In case we've not been paying attention, to the recent rise in antisemitic feeling being made in public, it appears that folk like Eion Musk are in, boots and all.

What did Musk say which was antisemitic?

The tweet he agreed with stated

”Jewish people “have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.”

Well when people like Noel Ignatiev, an American Jew best known for his theories on race and for his call to abolish "whiteness". Ignatiev was the co-founder of the New Abolitionist Society and co-editor of the journal Race Traitor, which promoted the idea that "treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity", such as In This Article

Now IMHO Ignatiev’s publications were “Dialectical Hatred” towards whites, Musk did not say “I hate Jews” which is antisemitic but that Jews were “Pushing the same hatred used against them” which is not antisemitism in anyway.

Just another example of certain groups of people not listening to what is being said and claiming “Ooo he was being antisemitic” Grow the fuck up you woke bastards, just as bad as those claiming “White Supremacy” or “Male Patriarchy” it’s all in your heads.

That being said, I still think Musk is a twat, but come on pick something he has done twatish to beat him up with.

6 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Huge difference between antisemitism and anti Zionism.

Unfortunately a lot of people don’t recognise the difference 

Previously in History I have been accused of supporting the IRA in Northern Ireland and some people couldn’t get their heads around the difference in supporting the Republic argument for a United Ireland and supporting terrorism. I have always supported reunification if chosen via the ballot box at a referendum but against the IRA and terrorism.

The same / similar is being used today,  I support the Palestinian People, I their fight to have their lands returned, but I have nothing against the Jewish occupiers as a people. I don’t agree with Hamas way of going about it and they should have left it to the PLO who used to be defined a terrorist organisation but are now recognised as a political organisation, Just like Sinn Fein who were the political wing of then IRA but now have the majority in the Irish Assembly and have MP’s sitting in the House of Commons.