Thai groom kills four at wedding, including bride...

Coss

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Somebody tells me today : Bernard Trink is not alive any more. I say : That is news to me.

Please analyse.

My analysis would be that you are showing signs of dementia since you posted on the Thread about his passing back in October 2020

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joking aside there is the formal and informal meaning of news, the formal one being as previously defined, basically formal reports of events considered likely to be significant to the target audience which are normally broadcast or published soon after information about them becomes available.

The informal meaning appertains to something one is hearing for the first time : something one did not previously know, as in “That’s News to Me”

Formal news one would expect to be broadcast or published as in Post Legend Dies, where as Informal news, such as an individual finding out hypothetically that “Post Legend Dies” three years after the event would not be worthy of publication, no matter how much Bubi thinks they should be 🙃.

IMHO the “NEWS” forum of the board should be reserved for the Formal types of News where as Informal news / Today I found out type announcements are more suited to General Discussion or Board Bar.

But hey, I’m not a moderator / don’t make the rules so hat I say and think doesn’t really matter, I just like going on a rant and talking shit every so often practicing for my grumpy old man badge.