Thai groom kills four at wedding, including bride...

Coss

Ahhh so there's no time limit on Night Life...

Referring to the news, I have a question; If there is something of note or interest, that you've never heard of before, then surely when you do, it's news to you, whether the occurrence, of the something of note or interest, was 10 minutes or 10 days or 10 weeks ago?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another word for news is “Current Affairs” so what is your definition of current?

Is it now or ongoing?

This post is nether current or ongoing, the story does not belong to “The present time”. Now if the assailant had of been charged yesterday, or in court of something then that would be “Ongoing” an update on the story, but it wasn’t just an article of over a week ago with no new information.

3 hours ago, Coss said:

When I got to see your post it was 9 minutes old, at the speed I process information, your post was old and stale...

The timing of my post is irrelevant since

1. It is not the posted topic it is in reply to such
  2. It is part of an “Ongoing” debate and is therefore current

Do try to keep up old chap

IMG_0549.png

Here is a link for "Thai News" on BBC.co.uk, which you whingers,  may click, to see, what the BBC considers to be "Thai News".

The stories the BBC offers, for "Thai News" include, not just the story I referenced in the original post, but others, from the full panoply of time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=thai+news&seqId=5ed95fd0-92c9-11ee-86e8-87f2d6f287ad&d=news_gnl

Further, you may choose to complain, direct to the source, a link to the BBC's complaints page, is tendered here for your delectation:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

20 hours ago, Mekong said:

Well another word for news is “Current Affairs” so what is your definition of current?

But the forum in "News" which in it's simplest definition is "newly received"

So I agree what may not be news to some can still be news to others weeks even months later

Maybe where the saying "that's news to me" becomes relevant 😃

13 minutes ago, bust said:

But the forum in "News" which in it's simplest definition is "newly received"

News does not mean  Newly Received well at least not in the Kings English anyway, stop fabricating facts to support a hypothetical argument 

The old saying, Yesterdays Mews is todays Fish and Chip Paper, that News was so old it had been Fish and Chip paper and the paper had already been recycled