Thai groom kills four at wedding, including bride...

Coss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well define “Recent” 

Research from Google Trends, in partnership with Schema and Axios, has found that the average ‘big’ news story lasts for around seven days before the public moves on to the next crisis. 

The study, based in America, used Google Trends to look at a range of news stories throughout 2018 and found that searches for events — the Hawaii false missile alert or Thailand cave rescue, for example — seemed to deteriorate after just seven days.

Axios said: ‘The news cycles for some of the biggest moments of 2018 only lasted for a median of seven days — from the very beginning of higher-than-normal interest until the Google searches fizzled out.’

Source

So BIG NEWS stories tend to die out after Seven days, so Ipso facto smaller news stories quicker.

The OP was 8 days after the event and therefore, in my humble opinion not newly received (How could it be New if 8 days old) not particularly noteworthy and not about recent events ( as per research cited). I. Such case the OP does not meet your. Tied definition of News

Perhaps we should have a new sub-category in the news section

• News 
  • Non Thailand  News
  • Out of date articles that Coss sees fit to grace us with

The way I see it, which may or may not be how others do, is that if something is within the past 2-3 days then it is “ News”, Once something is over a week old, as in this case, then it is no longer news.

Now there are no hard and fast board rules to “what is news” so a BM can post anything, but if other BM’s find the article dated then expect the piss take 😀 

Note 

The reason I did not say “A Few Days” is because that would have opened another can of worms, i.e. how many is a few. I was taught

• 2-3   A Couple of days
  • 4-6   A Few Days
  • 7-14  Several Days

Or maybe I wasn’t taught and it is just what I think, teachers wore capes, carried canes and tried to teach me Latin when I was last at school.

What about "Fake News" what is the life expectancy of that?

Interestingly the What's Rangoon To You Is Grafton To Me i referred to earlier was partly narrated by a very well respected newsreader is Oz by the name of James Dibble.

MPIH should remember him.