Diary of an ex-bg

think_too_mut

Guest lazyphil

This isn't my private life, its there for people around to see, I said nothing intimate or personal, just daily stuff that people all around the world do. I'm not asking for any applaud whatsoever, this thread was about ex bg diary so I posted a average day in a week. If you think this is some poor mouth working class story then fine. Whats your story?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reply to:

Tycona wrote:

I am still looking for a good school with english lessons in Pattaya. Can you recommend any? My friend's english level is very basic... beginner level.

There are two Thai language schools that advertise in the local rags. They almost certainly teach English language as well. I have no connection to either, or any additional infomation.

LC International School

437/89-91 Soi 6, Pattaya Beach Rd

Tel/Fax: 038/361-948, 038/361-949

BEC Language School

571/1 Pattaya Naklua Rd

http://www.pattaya-school.com

bec1991@hotmail.com

Tel: 038/421-919

038/370-176

038/413-872

Oh GTG...what are we going to do with you? smile.gif

I'm not going to drag this out, so I'll just make a few points, then end it. The point of my post was to say that it's easy for you to say that B/G's should find other work, because you did not have to grow up in a remote Issan village with a dirt floor, and being given little, or no opportunity for more than a few years of schooling. I also pointed out that I'd bet big money that you grew up better advantaged than B/G's.

You argue every single point.

I try to say Thailand is a class structured society (obviously to say low class does not have that many options available to them), and you say "So...Thailand-US same-same. US has Rockerfellers"......I must tell you, I expected better from you here. As you very well know, Thailand has no welfare, social security, affermative action programs for racial minorities...nothing. You are born poor in Thailand, and there are not many ropes to grab onto to pull yourself out. You act as though a dark-skinned Isaan girl with little education can simply walk into Robinson's, and be working the floor the next day. Or that father dies, and the State will come to your rescue, and help you out of desperate times while family gets back on their feet.

I asked you what 'class you came from? You tell me your fathers roots are from poor Isaan background. Talk about skirting the issue?.... I didn't ask about your father's background, I asked about yours.

Tell parents to F##K off. - I do understand what you are saying here, to a degree. Of course, parents tell girl "You go work BKK, and send us money, ok", that the girl will not be happy with this situation. My point is, how many options are afforded them to say no, particulary with the Thai culture of being responsible to your parents for all the pain they went through to raise you. You use the word 'selling'. In a way, because of the pressure put upon girl, you are right. But I see this situation more of a point in my defense, as to why they go this route, than yours.

Anyway, this is getting too long already.

GTG, your view that most Thai girls enter into prositution because it is just the easy way out, is just too simplistic, in my opinion. There are soooo many factors at play there. There is a different story for every one.

You very much have the right to feel that a Thai girl can rise above any diversity, and accomplished what you have. I'm just trying to say that there are barriers that exist for them that you seem to be unaware of, or at the very least, refuse to acknowlege.

I know it can be tough for you to be here sometimes, and you get a lot of shit thrown your way. I think the answer to that is simple. I told you most members here deal mostly deal with girls in Thailand that are village B/G's girls, because GTG's are relatively unaccessible to them in the short term. Your answer was "SO?"..... It's a very pertinent point. Most of us only get to deal with Thai B/G's. I doubt you even know one. And if you do, I doubt she is a good friend. More like an acquaintance you look down on.

On the other hand, most posters here LOVE Thai bar girls. That's why they are here, and in some respects, why this board lives.

I know you love your job. You are the sole atheist in the Church of Thai Bar Girls. But with that job comes responsibility. To be really effective, and be made pastor, you need to speak 'authoritively' only about that which you have experienced, refrain from one line 'hit and run' posts which you know will create a firestorm, but then immediately disappear, and lastly, but not least....have compassion for your congregation. We are lost soles that must be saved. This can only be accomplished though tolerance, an understanding of differing points of view, and a realization that many members of your church have experienced much of what you may not know of, or care to.

Parishioner HT

Archived