Diary of an ex-bg

think_too_mut

>Sorry, I was talking about TTM's gf. She's got 9 years education and should be able to get that kind of job. I'm not in an ivory tower, you know.

A fact:

she came to BKK with 6 years of school and did (completed) 7,8 and 9 by April 2001.

She did not stop there but continued for full 12 years cerificate that is due in April 2003.

What you are saying here is - 9yrs is enough for somebody born to have less than that, let's stop and send her to be a room maid in some hotel.

Fortunatelly, she does not give a f*** what people like you think.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I think his gf is struggling more?? If she's not on time +/- 10 mins her financial assistant might go down the drain. Very loving bf/potential hubbie indeed. Yeh, it's the price she's willing to pay , I guess.

This is another in a series of stupid assumptions.

The girl is simply well organized. +/- 10 minutes is what I have observed as a pattern, not imposed on her. Knowing what punctuality (does not) mean in Thailand, I take this as a big plus for her.

And +/- 10 minutes gives 20 minutes span. From 4 out of 5 schools she attends, its 15 minutes home-school door to door, including the sky train ride.

Leitmotiv :

In reply to:

1. A melodic passage or phrase, especially in Wagnerian opera, associated with a specific character, situation, or element.

A dominant and recurring theme, as in a novel.

I believe it is used in the context of #2, (I had to look it up also)!

Cheers!

[color:green]>However, based on the rules of this board (if I understand them correctly) you are not entitled to barge into a thread with verbally abusive posts. It is particularly insensitive to do so in the "Relationships" section where people reveal personal things and make themselves vulnerable. The only way to discuss relationships is in an environment of trust. color=green>

GTG response: [color:red] Is it so, moderator? "Environment of trust" part? color=red>

GTG,

Is 'Environment of Trust' listed in the rules? No. Relates more to simple common sense, politeness, sensitivity, good manners, an awareness of people's feelings, and a concideration for other board members. In 'relationships', it is obvious that the majority of threads deal with members personal real-life experiences. In sharing these, they must often expose their feelings, hurts, and disappointments. And also expose personal interactions with their wife, girl friend, etc. It sometimes takes a lot to step up to the plate, and spill your emotions to the world. I think many do it because they are looking for advice from someone in a simular situation, or who has 'been there', or they might just need to share, because this may be the only place they can come.

To slam one of these posters, after sharing his/her story with us, with comments inferring they are 'with' nothing more than someone who is "pathetic", and a 'mia noi' is not addressed in the board rules specificly. It is, though, incredibly insensitive, and very rude.

I think it's not listed in the rules, GTG, because even though we all come from many different cultures and countries, common courtesy is one of the few things that is universaly expected by all.

Are you getting any of this yet?

HT

the big problem is not so much that there is another chance, but that girls like Jittima, well educated, considered it as an option though she was cringing at the thought. If it's almost ok, for a "GTG", think how much more it is for uneducated women. This is truly a problem of thai society that the job has become so pervasive an aspect of thai life that it appears a valid, if sorry, option for many. On many countries, no matter how much the money, few girls will even think of thinking about it (Pnom Penh/Cambodia for example, where i gather that most Bgs are imported vietnamese). IMO

just pointing out that other societies also have class structure

-------------------------

there may be large differences of wealth in USA, but indeed no class to speak of. I can be in front of Rockefeller or the mayor of SF, and i don't have to acknowledge one bit that they're here, ot wai to them way above my head, even if i am a poor farmer. I can criticize anyone in the US governement or any rich guy, even if i am a low social worker, without fear of intimidation or worse. I can investigate as a reporter misconducts of my governement or some wealthy corporation, publish it, and there ain't nothing they can do about it. The removal of Nixon could only have happened in The USA, not in Europe and not in Thailand, where actually prime ministership is more a matter of musical chairs than real merit. A Class is something you belong to or not , and which implies being recognized instantly as being part of it or not as well (we alway hear about thais establishing at the onset of a meeting if the person across is above, below, or same). It's usually inherited. here, in the USA, people move up and down all the time.

>there may be large differences of wealth in USA, but indeed no class to speak of.

Even tourist guide books call Australia a classless society. And they are no examples - just everydays's life, nothing to stand out to speak of.

For foreigners, they may be surprised that Prime Minister is addressed as "Johnny, mate" by outback farmers or "arse licker (yes, in those very words, on national TV) by back benchers. Just last week...

Shits like showing a respect for somebody's social level will make anyone here burst laughing...

Address somebody here as "Mr" or "Mrs", they may look at you and fire back "wanna borrow money off me or what?".

there may be large differences of wealth in USA, but indeed no class to speak of.

[color:purple] I seriously disagree with your statement. There is a class structure here in the US, it may not be as pronounced as in Europe or Asia, but it does exist. You may not have noticed it because like many you are probably oblivious to it. There are many levels in US society where your wealth will not gain you access. color=purple>

"think_too_mut

>GTG knew I was married. "Was" is what she did not know. Not her fault.

If my memory serves me right, you stated in one of your posts a month ago that by the April 2003 your divorced would be finalised by now or someting like that. So I thought you were still legally married. Are you now?

Did you sponsor your gf AFTER you'd divorced? If not, I think it's not a good thing for everybody invloved. The husband - needs to cover up shit from his wife. The wife - could have got any STDs/HIV if the husband is not very responsible. The mia noi - waiting (unconsiously, maybe) to get married with the guy, and many other things I'm sure you all know. I don't think I have to repeat them again.

I know that a lot of posters don't like my post as I believe quite a number of them are cheating their (farang or Thai) wife. Sorry if I make a lot of you angry. But this is my opinion.

Even though the girl is NOT a bg, I still don't like mia noi arragement.

I know you are feeling good rescuing a bg and obviously are bragging about your own accomplishment. But is it a good way to boose your ego? May be it is - I don't know.

GTG"

GTG,

Sure you have the right to express your opinion here, I dare even say you are welcome.

Other opinion than yours also exists, eg concerning mariage and mistresses. Many mariages fail and presidents and normal human beings find new loves and try to make the best of their lives often at huge expenses (emotional and what so ever)

I do not believe anyone is "bragging" about accomplishments. Some on this board know how hasardeous this can be and guarantee for success does simpy not exists. Rather guarantee for failure. And failure is hard to accept.

We probably chase happiness and sometimes find it, who knows? Helping people might be part of the game. I do respect people who try, whatever or where ever they come from.

Archived