Diary of an ex-bg

think_too_mut

Hi,

"KS, that's not fair! There is nothing wrong with the thread, in your members' section you sell the opposite side of the story, for money."

You are right, this thread is valid and yes it is a few individuals that are fucking it up.

I guess those people need to be carefull.

Sanuk!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTM, one more question. You mention she's made new friends at school. Now that I think is absolutely essentional. People need infrastructure to succeed and she needs to build a social net within her new life.

There's been repeated comments about how the exBG Isaan girls feel out of place in schools and classes, how they might be ostractized by their fellow students, etc. Are you aware of any problems along those lines that she's facing? And if she's not, do you have an explanation? Is it just an urban myth?

TTM...I DO wish you good luck. I really do mean that. The only reason I posted the Bargirl Diaster last year was to get others to think through what they were contemplating doing with their BG or former BG friends before jumpimg in the fire. That was my problem, I acted too damn fast. So have many others with less than perfect results. You seemed to have done your homework and I hope both of you have a long and happy relationship together. Best of luck to the both of you.

HSTEACH

Lik

>Oh Yea , by the way I second Pom Micheal's nomination for GTG to co-moderate the relationships section !

Thank you two very much but I have to deline the offer. Can't keep up to reply or clarify myself as it is.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

GTG

PS. I knew it was a joke. ( in case people think I take the offer seriously. )

Fidel

>I think she resents bar girls... rightly or wrongly so,

As I've said over and over again that I resent SOME of them, NOT ALL of them, OK? I guess I should put up a thread called 'GTG's Position on Bar girls' issue'. laugh.gif

>Any way, have fun with this thread GTG, you're pissing a lot of people off.... and I LIKE IT!

Thanks for your compliment ! I hope people wouldn't think we are the same person. wink.gif

>Can't you people understand the resentment of regular Thai people who work hard..... and maybe had the right opportunities and upbringing, and who rely on their intellect and talents... only to see hookers doing better?

Better? Maybe financially but not other aspect though. This has been discussioned before so I won't get into it again.

GTG

MadMax:>There's been repeated comments about how the exBG Isaan girls feel out of place in schools and classes, how they might be ostractized by their fellow students, etc. Are you aware of any problems along those lines that she's facing? And if she's not, do you have an explanation? Is it just an urban myth?

MM, she had a bit more education than an average bg - 9yrs. She feels at home in those world class classroms and buildings. Introduced me to several other fellow students at different schools.

She's defintelly not a "dummy in the class". In her English school there are students (gtgs and gtbs) who had learned English before but are coming for a brush-up. She can tell they have a solid foundation but has no feeling of herself being inferior or too far behind.

Combined with her personality (activelly participates in and even leads team exercises) nobody shows open resentment or, could be, there is not any.

But, there is something going on - in the computer class, she raised her hand when the teacher asked who's got a computer at home. There was only one more student who did. Other 8 students (and the teacher) looked very surprised and may have realized there was a falang's finger in the pie.

Next class she had not said there was a computer at home. The teacher, who monitored all students' progress knew she was learning the subject for the first time.

At her final test, she scored 98%. and the teacher, along with "well done" hinted "you did not tell us you could practice at home".

Since then, she openly says "I've got falang husband"

MadMax>:she's made new friends at school. Now that I think is absolutely essentional.

One thing she said, don't know wheather she made it up or read somewhere: "good friends are with you even when you are doing OK".

Could be it contains an extra bit of meaning in it among bar girls, their jealousy may be sweeping sideways as well.

HSTEACH>:The only reason I posted the Bargirl Diaster last year was to get others to think through what they were contemplating doing with their BG or former BG friends before jumpimg in the fire

Mission accomplished - I am sure I'm not the only one who read your post carefully.

Thanks for the good wishes.

lazyphil>:

22:45 Picks up little one from mum.

23:00 Comes home and calls me at work, feeds little one and sleep.

This is a typical day for my ex bg wife, of course some days are different, days off together etc.

lazyphil, how did you find her house skills? Not that I am after a servant but I noticed my gf knows only things that revolve around a traditional Thai home. By saying "knows" I mean she has absolutely no idea what (for us) ordinary things are for.

For example, she had only one kitchen cloth (that came with same other product, maybe powder), I asked her to buy more. She had no idea where to find them. Back to Farangland, I sent her 10 more.

Vacuum cleaner: I got her a small one, powered by rechargable bateries, to help her remove hair from the bathroom and other smaller stuff (the floor in the apartment is of marble).

Jokingly, I called it a "sucking device" and she is still calling it that way. Yes, she grew up in a house where dirt was on the floor.

I know I said I wouldn't post any more on this thread and I know most of you would prefer if I didn't.

Before I get started I just want to say that it was never my intention to offend anyone, I was only expressing my opinion.

Nor was it my intention to destroy this post or alter it's direction.

In the future I will refrain from posting replies to threads which convey opinions with which I disagree and I will leave you all to get on with it.

I have been quoted selectively in this thread and I have been accused of being a Nazi so I would like to quote selectively myself, just to prove a point. By the way, I may be removed from the board completely as 'Phom mai hen duai'.

Here goes:

'I think it's great that the guy is putting his GF through school'

'I'm sure there are gems out there and I wasn't tarring everyone with the same brush.... '

'Of course there ARE SOME NICE GIRLS WORKING IN BARS!'

The above quotes are from 3 seperate replies to this thread.

Finally.... and like I said I don't mean any offence but...

I mentioned that I.... read it again... MY opinion, 'being the kind of guy I am' wouldn't trust a bargirl. Read the quote below and you'll see that I may not be the only one to have a slight distrust of BGs, it seems even their most ardent supporters may... MAY.. share my sentiments:

'Aha, another part of the deal is - the whole show stops if she is not at home between 9pm and 8am. No reason why will be sought.'(Think Too Mut)..... House arrest?

Sorry Think Too Mut but it does seem that we have something in common.

'Her friends (bgs) gradually deserted her, which is good. ' (Think too mut)....

I'm getting the feeling you have something against bargirls.... watch out, we don't like your type around here.

Cheers.... no offence, maybe we all have a little bit more in common than we think.

Please continue with the thread and ignore this posting.

think_too_mut

>GTG knew I was married. "Was" is what she did not know. Not her fault.

If my memory serves me right, you stated in one of your posts a month ago that by the April 2003 your divorced would be finalised by now or someting like that. So I thought you were still legally married. Are you now?

Did you sponsor your gf AFTER you'd divorced? If not, I think it's not a good thing for everybody invloved. The husband - needs to cover up shit from his wife. The wife - could have got any STDs/HIV if the husband is not very responsible. The mia noi - waiting (unconsiously, maybe) to get married with the guy, and many other things I'm sure you all know. I don't think I have to repeat them again.

I know that a lot of posters don't like my post as I believe quite a number of them are cheating their (farang or Thai) wife. Sorry if I make a lot of you angry. But this is my opinion.

Even though the girl is NOT a bg, I still don't like mia noi arragement.

I know you are feeling good rescuing a bg and obviously are bragging about your own accomplishment. But is it a good way to boose your ego? May be it is - I don't know.

GTG

Archived