Why do TG become BG's?

the subject is very complicated.

there is not one single motivation why a girl decides to become a bargirl.

look at my missus. her family lives way below the povertyline. but she never saw it as an option to become a prostitute. before we met she worked incredibly hard for very little money. but making that decision is not an easy one when most of the women in her village are/have been involved in the nightlife scene.

i would say that every woman in thailand from the poor classes at least thinks about entering the nightlife field at some point in her life. it became just to normal to do that. what are the options? either you stay clean, work for very little, or you enter the nightlife and make a lot of money. in a society which has more intact value system the decision to enter is a lot more difficult, here though resisting the temtation is is very difficult.

there are the girls who are who were abandoned by their husbands, but i have no idea about the general statistics about that. i just know in my missus's village, where know more heartbroken guys who were abandoned by their wifes than the other way around.

there are the families who basically raise their daughters, brainwash them into believing that they have to support their parents by becoming prostitutes, but there are as well the families, who prefer to stay dirt poor instead of sending their daughters down into the scene. but still the daughter might fall for the lure of the easy life.

one can't generalise there. the only thing is that it is an option much too easy to take nowadays. but there are many factors coming into play.

you got the "good" girl who tries to have a better life, you got the rotten apple who looks for an easy life with drugs and fun, you got the brainwashed girl who believes she has to support her rotten parents laziness, you got the girl who has no other choice to pay the accumulated debts of the family. you got the abused and abandoned wife, you got the girl from the slums whose mother was already in the bars.

so many different reasons.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going on your logic, the 18 year old in NYC, London or Sydney...who falls pregnant...should become a prostitute? Of course not...?

[color:purple] I don't know about the other places but a girl in NYC can get on welfare or workfare. color=purple>

Monkey,

I agree with where you are coming from. The vast majority of poor girls do not enter the bar scene. They can survive and take care of whatever needs are facing them. People choose what they wish/can to do based on what feels right to them. Each girl is making a value decision in which they can live with. I think many guys here have a hard time accepting the fact the the girls who enter the bar scene are basically selling their souls for economic gains. It is much more palatable to accept their acceptance to the BG world as "economic casualties" so they have no choice but to enter the BG scene. There are options and the fact remains they have just taken the easier high road to pay for bills/existence and other material desires. It really gets down to their own value/belief/morality system, its orgins and what they are comfortable with (ie. factory worker vs drink server vs gogo dancer).

Cardinalblue

I would doubt that there is any more prostitution in Thailand than in other Asian countries. The highest number of prostitutes per capita in the world is Hong Kong (1 per 17 per adult males). I haven't done a scientific survey but I would guess that there a more brothels per capita in Singapore than in Bangkok.

The existence of a farang targeted subset of the sex industry in Thailand is a direct result of the Vietnam war days (e.g. Soi Cowboy, Pattaya). Similar with Cambodia (UNTAG) and the Philippines (US naval bases). Also Thailand is a free and open society so it is more visible to the visitor. However if you travel to most South East Asian countries, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Burma, Vietnam you will find a similar scene to that in Thailand.

There are options and the fact remains they have just taken the easier high road to pay for bills/existence and other material desires.

[color:purple] True there are options although I wouldn't call prostitution an easier road. There is alwys a price being paid by the prostitute whether it be physical or mental.

color=purple>

It really gets down to their own value/belief/morality system, its orgins and what they are comfortable with (ie. factory worker vs drink server vs gogo dancer).

[color:purple]

I concur. It always comes down to the individual. I dated a chick from a poor family that would never consider being a prostitute. She instead sold yaba.

color=purple>

The minimum wage in Bangkok is 165 baht per day and in the rest of Thailand 140 baht per day so I don't see how they can be earning 1300 per month...

I am just using Orand's "true beauties" words. It is irrelevant to define what this means other than they are attractive. The point here being girls do not enter into the bar scene because they are more attractive than their factory worker counterparts. If that was the case, there would be many more attractive girls making up the bar girl scene. As we can see in the flesh, that is not the case. The percentages of good-looking girls would be the same in both environments......

cardinalblue

Archived