Why do TG become BG's?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"ok she did fall in love with a young german dude last month & got the passport & all, but now it seems he's pissed 'cos she is back at work(fucking farang), so he ain't gonna give her the promised visa (and money) anyway!"

Sometimes I think girls who do this do so to cover their bases, to ensure that they will not be left totally high and dry if the farang walks.

However, I was in G-Spot the other night and saw a BG who I have known for 3 years now. She told me that she MIGHT be going to the US fairly soon if she and her guy can get the appropriate visa. So I asked her if he knows that she is working in the bar. She said not. So why was she there? "Bored," she told me, "I don't want to stay home alone- I want to be here with my friends."

Never mind the fact that being there with her friends meant shagging other farang.

Cheers!

exactly! 'bored' is the typical reason why BG's go to work in their bar even if somebody is paying them not to...

in this case with the german dude however he hadn't paid her nor had she promised not to work, but I guess they we're both trying each other out? in any case why would anybody expect a BG NOT to go back to work & perhaps fuck for money? beats me!!!

oh another thing that strikes me as typical for BG's is the fact that I yet have to meet one that has a 'normal' family i.e. married father & mother still together!

like in this pty barbeer example the BG lived with her mother & another BG right there! why not???

This is a question that could be debated for a long time.

Other countries that don't have such a large problem, have more options for the less fortunate to raise their living standards. Developing countries don't have such options. One society can see through TV & Films how others live and this can influance how people view life. No one wants to be poor......

DD

"...the P4P scene in the States is way larger than most people realize..." That is probably true. But the P4P scene here in Bangkok has got to be much more prevalent or pervasive (depending upon your point of view) than the scene in the U.S. It is certainly more visible. I cannot think of anything in the U.S. that comes close to what you see in Thailand.

I have been told now by several sources, including a visiting friend from the U.S. and a PM, that you are right about the term managing director. But I sure can't recall hearing the term before I moved to Asia. Obviously I moved to Asia too early in my career wink.gif

But on the scale of P4P scene in the US vs Thailand, I find it hard to believe that the U.S. comes even close. I also do not have any hard data readily available (no pun intended), but just in terms of visibility (can you think of anything like NEP in the US?) and in terms of the percentage of the male population that indulge, Thailand seems like it is off the scale compared to the US.

As to the reason why TGs become BGs, ib13 raises some good points.

>>On the surface, it seems that everyone says that poverty pressures drive them but doesn't explain why factory workers or maids who have the same financial home pressures but elect not to become BGs. <<

The nitelife schene is obvious not for all upcountry girls. However, how many true beauties do you find working in factories or as maids.

You may find them at department stores (possible if education level is Por Wor Shor or higher), but then again many will jump at the opportunity to be kept by a benefactor.

Not too much different from the nitelife scene.

It a matter of bridging the social gap to some extend. If you read my initial post you'll notice that I questioned the fact that all girls entering the nitelife scene are prostitutes. In many cases it differs greatly from the wets were a prostitute is there solely to provide a carnal pleasure. Tg's in the nitelife scene are mostly looking for more than that, but if they've not found that within some period may actually become hardenend and on par with western protsitutes

A neighbor of mine became a BG when her husband fell off the roof of their house and was killed leaving her with 2 young children to support. She had minimal education and little prospect of getting a well paid job but was very good looking and so went to work in the nightlife industry.

Most of the girls I've talked to in the bar scene (and all of the nice ones) have a similar story. Husband/BF died or deserted her... kids to look after...leaves kids with Mum and goes to work in the bars...sends most of what she earns back to Mum to feed, clothe and educate the kids. The minimum wage in Thailand is 165 baht a day - enough to support a single person but not enough to bring up kids.

The love of a mother for her child is a very strong emotion, and probably the only one strong enough to drive a normal decent woman into something as degrading and dangerous as prostitution. Once she enters the scene, in order to anaesthetize herself to what she is doing, she starts to abuse drugs and alcohol. Her character coarsens and health deteriorates.

The big difference between countries such as Thailand and the West is the development in the West over the last half-century of the welfare state. In Victorian London there were huge numbers of prostitutes. Nowadays a single mum can rely on the state to look after her and her kids. In Asia she cannot.

The big difference between countries such as Thailand and the West is the development in the West over the last half-century of the welfare state. In Victorian London there were huge numbers of prostitutes. Nowadays a single mum can rely on the state to look after her and her kids. In Asia she cannot.

[color:purple] Great point!

Reminds me of my first visit to LOS and I had a guide who took me to his village where I witnessed subsistence living. I asked him does Thailand have any social welfare programs. He said "Yes! No work no eat!". That summed it up for me.

Here in the States welfare has replace the need for a woman to depend on a man for finacial support. the government has filled the provider role. color=purple>

Archived