Why do TG become BG's?

I did say the rural situation was different

-----------------------------------

I am sorry but we talk about people in genuine poverty and you are the one who mentionned these jobs that ask a certain level of education, what was the point if you did not mean that the girls we have been talking about all along this thread (prostitutes) could as well get these jobs.

NYC, London or Sydney

-------------------------

Samesame Thailand??? Are you kidding?

But, my turn to tell you if you read my posts on this thread, you would see that I was not interested in talking about a girl's decision yesterday, today or tomorrow, ie. in 2002, but the acceptance in Thailand of a highly visible and well advertised industry of prostitution for tourists. Some thais may cry wolf, but it never seemed to bother anyone for 30 years, and i am not sure it still does, except in tems of international image.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the case of farming the figures can be misleading because the farmer is gaining benefits in kind such as food that don't appear on the balance sheet.

The simple fact is that to survive on the minimum wage in Thailand is difficult and for a single mother impossible...which is why most of them end up as prostitutes.

They have to fall back on their parents, who may be elderly or infirm themselves, to look after their kids and they feel obliged to do whatever they can to earn as much money as possible to send to them.

No one, let alone people on this board, has any right to feelings of moral superiority.

However if you travel to most South East Asian countries, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Burma, Vietnam you will find a similar scene to that in Thailand.

---------------------------------------

One of my first thread was actually about SEA. But let's speak about these countries today. I hear PP "streets of shame" have mainly vietnamese prostitutes, i wonder why they do not work in the tourist suk, pong and Pattaya of Vietnam. Where are these places, BTW. I have been to malaysia, help me find where is the Pattaya or even Suk in Malaysia. Burma? The equatorial? Kandawgi? 2 dozen girls freelancing for the benefit of the odd expat or farang businessman? Hum.... Laos? 2 or 3 nightclubs or bars in Vientiane, hardly a highly visible industry. You are saying there are prostitutes going with tourists in every country, why should i deny that? But the scope of the one in Thailand, even Phillipines does not carry that appeal. BTW, the BG concept for farangs preceded the vietnam war, And it seemed that after that war, the farang sex industry was in a slump in Thailand. Any other country would have moved on, as they did in Laos/Vientiane, vietnam (whtever their political system, they did not think that tourism should be synonym of sex tourism), But Thailand did not even blink an eye and welcome the bonanza of tourism in any way, shape or form. Even a famous country for girls and sex like Brazil lacks a Pattaya just for tourists. I am not exactly putting down Thailand, but i just want thais who handled the country's economy to admit that they have been totally seduced by the lore of tourist dollars, again, in any shape tourist care to spend them, and as a society, seduced by the idea of amoral capitalism. "If it makes money, it can't be that bad". That's all.

<<The simple fact is that to survive on the minimum wage in Thailand is difficult and for a single mother impossible...which is why most of them end up as prostitutes. >>

living on minimum wage may be difficult but not impossible. and most single mothers in Thailand do not work as prostitutes.

I think many guys here have a hard time accepting the fact the the girls who enter the bar scene are basically selling their souls for economic gains.

----------------------------------------

I am one to think for many, there is indeed something sorry about having to do this. And, i repeat myself a lot, but you guys will not address it, the problem is not so much that an individual feels "comfortable" with it, but the fact that society has a huge and visible industry built for them to do it without too much difficulty or shame, actually. You talk about the whole sex industry depending on a few willing girls, wheras the dices have been thrown a long time ago about poorer women (and some boys) being either maids, cleaners, etc... or prostitutes. It's almost a matter of probability and stats rather than good vs comfortable girls. I also agrre with Fly that the reasons to enter the scene are still many. The same good girl who will clean offices, given an extra-hardship, or someone she met, or a failed relationship/marriage, etc.... could as well become a BG.

but i just want thais who handled the country's economy to admit that they have been totally seduced by the lore of tourist dollars, again, in any shape tourist care to spend them, and as a society, seduced by the idea of amoral capitalism. "If it makes money, it can't be that bad". That's all.

[color:purple] Dude, your request is like looking for the Holy Grail. What politician is going to admit that their country depends on sex tourist dollars?

You have a better chance getting politicians in the US to admit that they are owned by Corporate America. color=purple>

Archived