Does Common Sense Exist In Thailand?

I have lived over here for 6 years now and am always amazed at the lack of common sense shown by the locals.

Is it me or do others feel the same way?

DD

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have lived here over nine years and i am amazed about the lack of common sense shown by many farang expats.

so many of them speak not a single word of thai after living here for years but think they have completely figured out the psyche of thai people.

>Is it me or do others feel the same way?<

i guess it's just you...

Your response just goes to show you are so much more smarter than me.........

I'll try to be more like you......

DD

[No need to get nasty, DD - KS]

db actually has a realistic way of looking at it. what you consider "common sense" may be foreign to Thais. sure you can make your own personal opinions but remember, you are the foreigner in their homeland. who's more in the right to dictate social affairs within their homeland? now if you wanna say that about asian drivers in america... tongue.gif

HEY I DRIVE G00D THX YOU BERRY MUT! shocked.gif

racerX

This was posted by someone else on this board, and many years ago, but basically as DB puts it common sense is determined a bit by the culture of the country.

Common Sense would tell me that there is no need to water the plants and shrubs along the roadway during raining season.

Common Sense in Thailand is that during raining season is when there is water in the khlongs so that they can have the workers water the plants and shrubs with their vehical, even if it will pour rain in an hour or so.

Cheers!

Archived