90% has AIDS???

Zaad

Very good point. I have always said sex is no more dangerous just because commerece is involved. Suppose a BG goes with a different customer every 3-4 days? not sure of the average, now suppose a farnag bar fly goes with a guy every weekend, or every3-4 days, is the BG more likely to have an STD then here non paid counter part? Especially if condoms are used...? Odd how our society views the whole sex issue. A non paid woman can have sex with 10 guys in a night, but a prostitute can have sex with 2-3 guys in a week, and she is higher risk? I agree, 90% is BS.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the answer.

I do know that for a while, most of the infections were in the Northern provences. Maybe this is still true. I also know that in the one respectable study I'm aware of done by the CDC, infection rates were found to be much higher in high volume, low cost brothels, mostly frequented by Thais.

I have tested 4 bar girls that I spent long periods of time with, none of them were positive. All of them from Pattaya. To the best of my knowledge (and of course I can't really be sure), one had worked 2-3 years, one about 7 months - but had done stints in thai-oriented karaoke bars before that I'm almost sure, another about one year, the last only about a month.

90% is pure bullshit. I would guess it's around 5%, but _extremely_ dependent on venue, clientelle, etc.... The 200B brothels have got to be the worst.

Some things you should know:

Many bars (Cowboy, Clinton, Nana) fine gals 500-1000 baht rather than sack them if they do not go for their monthly medical check - the gals themselves have told me this and on a couple of occasions I have heard them moaning about the deduction on pay day. Presumably, the bar owners are more concerned with having bars packed out with gals than the health of the punters.

Soi 7 (Sukhumvit) in particular is a hang out of ex-brothel gals who have the virus - they tell the punters that they have come down to town from dire conditions in the country, leaving out the 5-10 years, thousands of Thai gals f..ked, in the brothels. This info gleamed from some guys who believed their stories and ended up infected and also from relatives of the gals.

Gals only get a certain type of skin cancer (black/purple lumps usually on arms or legs and absolutely nothing to do with innoculations) when HIV is turning into AIDS; but only twenty percent of HIV suffers exhibit this sympton (on average). It is therefore somewhat worrying when I see as many as half of the gals in a go-go bar exhibiting it! Some have tried tatooes to hide it, other have had it lasered off (only viewable then close up) and yet others try to hide it with their clothes.

If the mamasan in a bar takes a dislike to you, she will try to palm you off with an obviously infected gal - they love to do this to Africans, for some reason. Conversely, I have been warned off a few women by the mamasans. The high rate of AIDS is an open secret amongst the bar gals!

If you want to see the end result, talk a stroll along the promenade on Beach Rd, some of the farang guys as far gone as the gals!

OH, not sure what the farang bar flies' safe sex standards are. That's probably the most important factor in the equation.

We don't get much info about the BGs' safe sex standards because most guys either use condoms or won't admit (at least on this board) they go bareback. But on other boards I've read a few reports from guys who go bareback, and the typical numbers I remember were that 90% of the BGs will go bareback. It may involve some extra Baht but they will.

>We don't get much info about the BGs' safe sex standards because most guys either use condoms or won't admit (at least on this board) they go bareback. But on other boards I've read a few reports from guys who go bareback, and the typical numbers I remember were that 90% of the BGs will go bareback. It may involve some extra Baht but they will. <

Madmax,

Not sure if 90% of the girls will shag sans condom as most I've encountered insist you wear one. However, if they like you and you are a repeat customer, condoms tend to quickly become optional once a little trust develops. I suppose 100% of the girls will go bareback if you offer them enough baht...

As for condom use with blowjobs; I wouldn't know as I've never experienced that. Never had a BG request I put one on for a hummer. The only exception being once while in Nice with Ice and seated at the upstairs bar I had a girl absolutely refuse to proceed without one (had to send her back downstairs to fetch me another girl!). Often the BJ girls request an extra 100 or so for skin-to-skin others go to work without hesitation.

In spite of the risks involved, I suspect many (maybe even most) of the guys at least occasionally have unprotected sex with the girls. I know I do and have gotten more than I bargained for on more than one occasion... I believe the risk of catching something is much higher with Pattaya girls than the BKK variety.

ST

Archived