Meeting stunning non-bargirls. A discussion.

I've mentioned this before here, so I apologize for the repeat...

I have met dozens, yes dozens, of straight Thai girls on the BTS. Actually, the platforms are better than on the trains themselves.

My strategy is just to get that eye contact (not difficult when you resemble a space alien like me), smile, and wait for the return smile. When that comes, and it will come, I walk over to the lady, simply say Sawasdee-khrap and hand her one of my business cards. I ask her to call or email me when she has time. That's it.

I would say 9 of 10 do this.

I find this works better than trying to start up a conversation in public with a straight Thai girl. They are sometimes terrified of farangs for a number of reasons, not the least of which is their lack of confidence in their English skills (some speak/understand very well). Letting them get back to you later works for me.

I really don't know what it is about the BTS. Maybe riding the rails gets those ladies all hot and stuff. :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sarisin,

Interesting strategy with the business cards. It does surprise me that high of a percentage call back. You must have a very nice presentation and style physically. Thais are still very much driven by physical appearance initially and will form judements rather quickly about the person based solely upon looks. But I take this that there is something about falangs that still intrgues them. Maybe they still view us as a novelty or an alien? I think the attraction to anything foreign always (pretty much universal) carries with it "it is always greener on the other side of the fence" attitude so this works in our favor....

Now the big question is what happens next on the phone with her? Where does it lead? There is nothing worse than trying to communicate with a forneigner on the phone especially if you are communicating with them for the first time and you are unfamiliar with their language strengths and weaknesses.

Are you trying to set dates up from these follow-up calls? And how have these gone? Can you seen any pattern among non-BGs with the dating process?

cardinalblue

[color:"red"] [/color]

Alright, I don't really look like a space alien, but I am not young and good-looking either. I often asked myself the same question too - why do I hear from so many? I think it does have to do with the non-threatening way I approach the ladies. Also, probably something to do with where I work and what I do (on the business card). No, I do not lick postage stamps for the Postal Service for a living. :)

Good point CB! I think we are a bit of a curiousity. At one point I was regularly dating a dozen or so straight Thai girls (now it is less due to a few, um, bad experiences, and the fact I am spending too much time in the bars again). Every one of them told me they are very interested in meeting farang men. Most said they would welcome a relationship with one too. You are right when you said a lot of it has to do with curiosity and experiencing new things.

Now the big question is what happens next on the phone with her? Where does it lead? There is nothing worse than trying to communicate with a forneigner on the phone especially if you are communicating with them for the first time and you are unfamiliar with their language strengths and weaknesses.

I speak passable Thai, but find it is usually easy to communicate using English with the ladies who call me. And, remember, I said many prefer to send an email rather than call. So, followup communication has not been in a problem in my case. One thing I also do when we exchange emails is to attach a photo - that seems to work too.

Are you trying to set dates up from these follow-up calls?

Absolutely. I have had at least one date with every lady that I have met on the BTS. Usually, I will meet them at a coffee shop like Starbucks or Coffee World - even though I don't drink coffee. :) I think that is better than trying to meet them at a bar.

And how have these gone?

I have to tell you there have been great successes and dismal failures. I think you know where the successes ended up - yes, in the sack, and I am still seeing some of them. The failures resulted in a sole meeting only. The worst one I had was a lady who turned out to be married and looking for action. I know some guys would like this, but I wasn't interested.

Can you seen any pattern among non-BGs with the dating process?

Again, I have mentioned this before....nearly all of the straight girls I have dated are looking for a commitment of some kind before they get serious with you. There are exceptions, and, honestly, those are the ones I am focusing on because I am not prepared to make a commitment right now. Also, one other thing I like to mention in the dating process with straight girls is how they insist on paying. I never saw this before (in the US or elsewhere). Also, most have cars and insist on picking me up for dates rather than me meeting them somewhere or taking taxis, etc.

It is a very interesting topic, and, I really think once you have lived in Thailand any length of time and grown rather tired of the bar scene, you will venture into the wonderful world of Thai straight ladies. However, personally, I just have so much fun in the bars with bargirls, I am drawn back into that scene. And, it is really, really tough to do both well. Most straight girls would drop you in a second if they knew you were fooling around in Soi Cowboy, etc. And, well, as a certified old fart, there are times I like the perceived normalcy of dinner, a movie, and a nice lay - omitting the dart-shooting shows and bouncing boobies on-stage.

Still, I ain't complaining. I'm just enjoying the hell out of this dilemma as I move from one world to the next.

::

I'm getting new business cards this week!!

Mr Nice onlyforU

SNBTGACTC chairman

BKK headquarters in Siam Square

See if it works(SGTGACTC meaning Screw Non Bar Thai Girls And Crash Their Cars,but this part won't be indicated) :p

sarisin,

You are so correct about moving between two worlds. It sure sure feels like two worlds and the girls themselves contribute to this aspect.

I enjoy the bar scene if only to vege out. But the superficiality of it all over time wears on you. Yet, it is sure nice to just run down to nana disco for physical satisfaction.

Has any non BGs ever ask you about the BG scene such as patpong, soi 4, or lady bar? If this subject comes up, I play as stupid and ignorant as possible and quickly try to change the topic.......it doesn't help that i live on soi 4 which does carry a stigma to it. My thai teacher is always using in her examples nanaplaza or lady bar examples.

It is nice though to have a normal conversation with someone who is not constantly worried about how is she going to pay the rent or other financial obligations. This aspect alone makes it feels less like a sugar daddy role and more like a normal relationship (where instant money is not the driving mnotivator).........

cardinalblue

Having read some of your posts Smeg I see you are currently in the same situatrion as me.

Early-mid 20's living here for a year without working.

I currently have a GF but was very luck to meet her.

As someone who is not working can I ask how and where you meet non BG girls.

Any tips would be most appreciated and if you want Ill shout you to a beer.

Agree with most; wearing some nice clothes, grooming yourself a little and of course, the BUSINESS CARDS mentioned by some of you, works wonders. I date a lot of girls by,

-- smiling

-- hello/from/do? (keeping it short and snapy "non bg are VERY shy" when seen chatting to a farang in public. Unless they had prior first hand working or dating experience with a farang)

-- Gotta go. Here is my card with my e-amail address and phone number in case "you" want to know more about computing etc. (always works in my case because I am a computer engineer) I smile and walk away. Before I know it, the phone rings and a sweet voice asking me if I can help. Example conv.: "I'd love to install internet on my computer at home but don't know how" or something really stupid like that......

-- I offer to help her but... it's way too difficult over the phone "so I claim". I suggest a face-to-face meeting with her instead. She'll suggest Pizza Hut or starbucks...

-- I meet her. Pretend not to seek a date. I talk to her and show her the computer books I brought with me, to kinda suss her out and make her feel comfortable. Remember, for most girls it's their first date with a farang and most think that your sole purpose for meeting them is to take them to bed.

I have met loads of girls that way and it's piss easy. I don't sleep with them just kinda suss them out and see if may be one turns out to be "Miss right". Seems more difficult than I initially anticipated, most seem to have a rather "boring" personality and think same-same.

I meet them all over Thailand, buses, trains, BTS, Dept stores, Banks, ATM machines, I am particularly successful in Bangkok in the non-tourist parts of the City.

Forgot to say... you will need to speak passable Thai because the majority can't speak a word of English.

Enjoyed your post noser, but in my experience I have to disagree with your last statement.

I have found most straight Thai ladies I meet to be well-educated with decent English skills. As I said though, like many Thai girls they are terrified to converse with a real, live farang. Once you convince them you don't bite and get them out of their shells, though, things move along nicely.

For example, I am dating a stock broker (I met on the BTS) who has no problem holding up her end of the conversation on any topic. True she is an ABAC grad, but still, my point is that they are out there and English skills can be found.

I do agree with you that Thai language skills are a real plus. I often use my Thai as a way to get to know the gals better as I love to have them teach me idioms and such.

Archived