Meeting stunning non-bargirls. A discussion.

I can talk a fair bit of Thai, Ive studied for an hour or two maybe 4 times per week since i arrived here. That certainly helps, although I met a couple of cuties on my very first week here!

Why not be confident? What have you got to lose? They can only say no at worst, and its better to try and get blown out than just to walk away never knowing. I dont like job interviews, but that doesnt stop me going to them and getting turned down more often than i get accepted. I get blown out 4 times out of 5 by cuties, but the 1 in 5 successes makes it all worth it.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

[color:"red"] The short answer is regular girls are more selective and have more control over their life than do BGs. Rarely do you find a regular girl completely supporting a deadbeat bf/husband as you find in the BG world. Quite common may i add............ [/color]

Being away from Thailand over 30 years, I am glad to see this info. written. All but 1 of the ex-BG I have met here and in Germany have had a Thai man tuck somewhere and it was very disturbing.

Cheers!

Hummm .. I wonder where Flashermac is ...

He used to tell stories of his female students scorned ... the vengence of *normal* Thai girls pissed off :o

From cultural and Thai etiquette perspective, I'd be curious to know if these BTS/Mall techniques are acceptable or not?

No offense to you Jasmine, but I'd be interested in Good Thai Girl's perspective on this as well ... along with yours of course. And other Thais/long-term ex-pats.

Who was the lucky or skilled young blond guy sittting tuesday at 4pm in Black Canyon MBK with a complete babe?I was talking to another girl and needed to twist my head big time but did it consistently anyway.Slim girl,very good quality make up and hair style,very fair skin.Nose more than simply sharp,don't know the word in english,her face reminded me some half arab girls I met in Europe.Wonder if she was a Luk Krung.I was both impressed and happy.The more westerners will go around with stunning or simply decent looking girls the more decent girls will dare to go around with westerners.

Always frustrating to notice so many gorgeous girls in the malls or discos but see westerners going along with kindda the untouchables of Bangkok society

Jasmine---

Have you ever noticed that you meet the most interesting people when:

a) You are least prepared to do so, and

B) You really aren't looking to do so at that moment

It never fails to amaze me that I met some very nice and interesting people (both male and female) in the oddest places and at the oddest times...

--UPSer

(In Washington DC today, fixing a visa problem ::)

"If I were a single man, I would not know what to do, perhaps I would just sit in a shopping mall watching girls and waste my life."

Such a naive response. i am doubting that 1) you are thai, and 2) that you are female, purely based on your response. It certainly isnt a waste of time. Perhaps you counted on fate to meet your spouse, ie in a small office, workplace, office, party etc. Thats up to you. However, I shall look for mine amongst the wider population, and not accept what is offered to me naturally.

Says NopebutforU:

Always frustrating to notice so many gorgeous girls in the malls or discos but see westerners going along with kindda the untouchables of Bangkok society

Who gives 2 squats about what Bangkok society considers attractive? The fact that your an educated, worldly foreigner(I am making alot of assumptions here) allows you to rise above the nonsense of mainstream Thai society.

Archived