Meeting stunning non-bargirls. A discussion.

"Who gives 2 squats about what Bangkok society considers attractive"

I definetely share the tastes of my bangkokians mates on this one.

I remember a long post from Crash999 on Nanapong where he crushed you on this topic.I'm not that sharp nor is the topic that hot but the points are still valid

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us who have to or want to function in thai mainstream, it is important to try to understand what they think. It does matter very much.....

If your sole purpose is to enjoy the bargirls and nightlife, then I agree it doesn't matter to you what thai mainstream thinks because your interaction and motivation with thai mainstream are nil......

It all depends on what one's objective here is whether it is functionality and integration into thai mainstream or the nightlife/sex tourism as a distinct segment of thai culture.

Everyone seems to find their own niche............

cardinalblue

My three years of working in BKK finds that very few speak english in proportion and even less speak remotely well.

BGs in proportion might have an actual higher percentage of speaking english (knowing some words) though i am strictly talking numbers and not quality english.

Yes, the thai elite would posses better english skills due to the distinct advantages that they have. And yes, the numbers would be incredible miniscle.......

cardinalblue

I don't think she was trying to insult you there. When I read your initial comments I too thought "a few hours a day" was a long time to spend in a shopping mall for the sake of seeing a few nice babes (with their clothes on!) every now and then. It'd bore me but then I'm a 32 year-old Englishman and we get bored by malls very easily. You're younger, probably American and thus more a creature of mall-culture.

Sarisin - you say you've got two worlds. I'm curious about how you keep them apart. I mean, how do you stop the NBGs finding out about the BGs?

>> An American friend used to go to Chula or Thammasart campus a bit.

I had to go few times to the chula campus and thought about it!!! ::

For a while I imagined 20 farangs reading books somewhere at the campus, trying to 'hunt', now you've given them the hint. :p

Says NopebutforU:

"Who gives 2 squats about what Bangkok society considers attractive"

I definetely share the tastes of my bangkokians mates on this one.

I remember a long post from Crash999 on Nanapong where he crushed you on this topic.I'm not that sharp nor is the topic that hot but the points are still valid

Please define your meaning of "crushed" for me. If you would care to point out the post in which someone "crushed" me I would be much obliged. I don't recall being "crushed", there may have been differences in opinion. I didn't know that one could be "crushed" based on their opinion when it came to having a physical attraction to another being.

My point to you is that your not Thai nor were you raised within their culture to determine what is beauty by their standards and as a result feel some sort of societal pressure to obtain that standard of beauty in a female companion. One would think that being a presimably well educated, traveled person who is exposed to different cultures you would have the ability to determine what was beautiful and attractive for you without the approval of any society.

Says bibblies:

Sarisin
- you say you've got two worlds. I'm curious about how you keep them apart. I mean, how do you stop the NBGs finding out about the BGs?

bibblies, lately I have been doing a piss poor job of keeping them apart. Just this past Tuesday night I was out with a straight girl and a dancer from Tilac ran into us in the Emporium. Rather than ignore us (she was also with a farang) she came right over and started chatting with me - while the straight girl looked on. Not a peep from the straight girl at the time, but later I had some explaining to do.

As I have said, I never deny that I go to the bars when I am with the straight girls. On the other hand, I never bring it up either.

I know there may be exceptions out there, but based on my experience, once you admit you patronize establishments in NEP, Soi Cowboy, the 'pong, etc. your so-called relationship with a straight girl is on the road to kaputsville.

It is an extremely difficult juggling act to be sure, but I truly do enjoy trying because I enjoy dating straight women, but I also like the fun in the bars.

Actually, the last time I was in a bar I ran into a few girls I had not seen for awhile. They asked me where I had been as they were used to seeing me regularly. I told them I don't go to the bars much anymore because I am dating non-bargirls.

Their reaction?

Nothing. Nada. Zippo.

But turn it around and tell that straight girl the reason you haven't called in a few weeks is because you are hitting the bar scene and get ready for the fireworks. ::

Archived