Meeting stunning non-bargirls. A discussion.

Hi,

[color:"red"] the very scum of that society to play around with[/color]

I got a few sharp words from some on the board by posting that my brother and his freinds called the BG in Pattaya "The trash of society". Most non-bar people I know consider it that way.

I do not necessary agree with the assessment for the poverty and desparation seem to play a major role on decision to work in bars. However, when ones see normal Thai women who sell things in the marker, food stalls or work in a factory and can live modestly and proud, it is a good feeling. Someone posted (I think it was Loburi) who mentioned that the families' support came more from these people than BG.

Cheers! :D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

[color:"red"] When you are referring to highly desirable Thai-Chinese is this based upon looks or more? [/color]

Most of my Thai freinds are NOT Chinese. Becuase of the Chinese seemed more financial successful, some seem desirable. I also have known many Chinese descent who consider Thais lazy. Many Thais, you are right, are not fond of the Chinese, can be envy also.

The Thais also consider light skin desirable so some of them look down at the Isaan people for the skin alone, and it is not fair.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] How many times it happened to you planning to go out with a regular GF as well as a western friend,and having problem over the girl he wants to bring along??Happened to me quite a few times. [/color]

When I was in Thailand (over 30 years agao), it happened with me and my date (American) who had a few of his men who wanted to go with us bringing their "rented GF". I admit that I did not feel comfortable with these women but I did not mind as long as they behaved normally, please do not ask what "normal". My date(then) and I went out a few times, what we found out was the social manners in places like good restuarants, dance clubs are not so good and the way some of them dressed, need I say more? I actually realized that they felt more uncomfortable than me. I do not mean to offend anyone here, so no flame please.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] if you are you sound like a complete moron who doesn't have the intelligence to couch his words in a manner that will not show unbridled prejudice). [/color]

I have heard this type of talk from my brother, freinds (many of Thais live in the West) and I first thought that it was purely prejudice. However, when I probed further, some of them felt just that these people are lazy and took an easy way out.

I hesitate to come to any conclusion, being older, I realize that things are not exactly black and white.

Cheers!

Says NopebutforU:

"The very scum of society? Please clarify what you would call the scum of Thai society(I hope you are not refering to Issan women that you mentioned earlier"

If those same women happen to make a living out of pumping on farang organs in cheap bars,yes

That's a bit harsh on old 'Mama Jasmine' who kindly takes the time to play hymns on the specially imported English chamber organ at 'Cheap Nick's bar for the homeless' every Sunday!

"That's a bit harsh on old 'Mama Jasmine' who kindly takes the time to play hymns on the specially imported English chamber organ at 'Cheap Nick's bar for the homeless' every Sunday! "

:: :o :: :: I guess I owe her apology than

But are u sure that ain't a BJ joint in disguise where freaked out farangs can get a cheap one on sundays?

Says NopebutforU:

Well,again then...mostly I find Isaan women unatractive,and typical BGs working in westerners hang outs unatractive and a big no no to be taken around town,wich is probably the mainstream opinion in Bangkok.I think you're skipping the discussion now

That clears it up quite a bit. You were inter-changing the terms Isaan and BG as if they were one in the same. I suggest you re-read your previous posts so you can realize the error.

My discussion with you pertained to what you termed as physically unattractive women in the view of Thai society not BG's. The whole BG thing is another ball of wax, yet somehow you introduced it into the discussion.

Your view on BG's as the scum of Thai society can be whatever it wants to be.

Now if you claim that Isaan women are the scum of Thai society and you hold them in contempt because you believe that Thai society feels that way then you surely have lost the plot. By that I mean you have lost quite a bit of your humanity because of your condemnation of an entire ethnic group based on someone else's standards.

You sound to me like a man that only wants what he thinks he is denied. I am sure if you reversed the places of the Chinese and the Isaan in Thai society then you would be singing the praises of Isaan beauty and spewing venom about the unsightly horror of Chinese beauty.

I find it amazing that a man can have the courage or sense of adventure to uproot himself from his homeland yet fall into the same societal peer pressure crap thousands of miles away in a foreign land. The pack mentality is an amazing thing and very few can be Alpha males.

'Followers and Leaders, Pimps and Ho's it's all the same game wherever you go" - A rapper on the corner in NYC.

Says jasmine:
Hi,

I do not necessary agree with the assessment for the poverty and desparation seem to play a major role on decision to work in bars.

Instead of relying on what you think use a search engine such as google.com and find out what the factors really are that these girls are faced with Most of these girls are uneducated and poor and have very few choices and it is very sad. You can find that out pretty easily and pretty quickly by researching this on the Internet. I think with so much information out there about this it's real interesting that people would choice to believe otherwise. I suspect it helps us more because then we can distance ourselves from them somehow for their situation.

3 am in sukkhumvit and something rings true

" The pack mentality is an amazing thing and very few can be Alpha males."

Try to get a western peer out to Bo Kung Pao.I sure would be impressed at how enterprising and self affirmative you'd be picking up a girl in one of the foreigners oriented bangkokians brothels.Not that I deny the weight of thai tastes on my judments.Just need to open TV or walk in a mall to notice those girls are from different world.Try to imagine back in the states people with income 20 or 30 times lower than yours.They are probably street beggars.Think about the girls they mingle with.Do you want them?.Focus on Thailand.The girls U're looking at mostly interest local guys who do 20 times less than what I do.And it's probably much less than what U make.That's a social pressure I feel,thank you very much

As everyone already seems to know, my opinions on this issue are quite clear. I'm not sure about your perspective, but when I say that I feel it's inappropriate for 'johns' to be taking their prostitutes for a stroll around Emporium (for example), I'm often rebuked on the argument of racism. What many people seem to want to confuse is the difference between taking a bargirl around shopping and taking the average Isaan girl around shopping. Fact is that people can spot farang parading their BGs around (or perhaps more likely the 'kai' parading their 'kwai ATMs' around) very easily. It gives the rest of us a bad reputation.

My perspective is simple. I can clearly care less about living my life to "fit" in or be accepted by current societal norms. I see no problem with a John taking his prostitute shopping in the Emporium or the open air market they are both public venues for shopping and who gives a rat's ass if some "normal" people don't like the sight of it.

Now I can see where it would be inappropriate for a John to bring a BG to a dinner party with "normal" people because more than likely it would make all parties present very uncomfortable. I am strictly talking current John-BG relationship not a guy who is with a former BG that he is in a loving relationship with.

I wouldn't call your perspective racist because their is nothing racist about it. I would term it highly prejudiced because you deem the whole BG-John example shopping at mainstream society's mecca as inappropriate.

You see in my country(the good old USA) society has at some point and still does in some cases considered Indians, Blacks, Chinese,Jews, strippers, prostitutes,homosexuals, welfare recepients, etc as the scum or less desireable or unattractive members of society. Society was and is wrong these are human beings. Heck it was only 50 years ago that Black Americans couldn't eat in the same restaurants, had to give up their seatson buses, and defer almost every civil liberty to mainstream White America.

That is why I cannot buy into the wholesale "fitting" in crap and this group is more desireable than that group mentality or I must comply to mainstream views nonsense.

Archived