What is a good BG?

Hi,

[color:"red"] a few western guys even back home who get regulary presents and cash from their TBG [/color]

It is true that some thai women, BG or Non-BG do give gifts (sometime money) to the ones they truely care. However, if ones do not really have money and that is why these women work the first place, the giving may be temporary or include strings attached.

What I have seen is the giving of things such as food and the volunteer to do little things for the beloved persons are more prevalent when the women are able. I consider this type of behavior as "niceness" and unique of many Asian women, not only Thais.

Cheers!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another main reason for women too is the feeling that we are being desired.

---------------------------------

this is something that my friends and i, LOS visitors, agree to. Except for a few lucky or strong-willed, ambitious ones, or even nun-like, the majority of thai women in LOS, have their lives defined by how (un)successful they attract a man (or men) . So that men are always a strong component in their self-worth. It can be the stupid BG giving all her money to a lazy thai BF, or Miss Thailand getting a 10 M $ sin sod, or simply the happy mother in a perfect relationship, still the male presence is paramount to their lives, not as personal fulfillment (which may happen, after all, i don't mean it has to be negative), but as fullfilment of duties women are supposed to,... well, fulfill.

check_bin_khrap and TTM,

Good points, all.

Hi Jaz....glad to hear from you. I hope you don't mind me calling you Jaz, but I know 3 Jasmine's, and they all are called by that nickname. By 'assimilate to the prevailing society', I assume you mean fitting into the western community where they are relocated to, and are readily accepted within that community. If so, I can understand what you are saying. Thailand is nothing, if not exciting and never boring, especially in the world of a thai B/G. It must be a fate worse than death to be transplanted into a western suburb, and get stuck into an empty house in a strange place for 10 hrs. a day, while her husband goes to work every day. No family, or friends around. I guess the 25 out of 30 turn to sex for the excitment of it, and to break the bordom. Especially if the mia chao concept of her not being truly in love with her husband is a factor.

By the way, I wanted to ask you your definition of a mia chao, and what factors must be in play for a relationship to be called that. I know you've not lived in LOS for 30 years, but I suspect you know well of this concept. And how often, from what you've seen, is this present in Farang/Thai B/G relationships that you have witnessed? Or farang/non-Thai BG relationships, for that matter.

HT

Hi pattaya127,

>>>>the majority of thai women in LOS, have their lives defined by how (un)successful they attract a man (or men).<<<<

Well...this is another interesting premise. If true, where do you think this stems from? Personal insecurities, or something more in the nature of being a part of Thai culture which has been forced on them since day one.....to measure their value by their ability to attract the opposite sex.

HT

Oh my God.....a 7 page thread, and not one flame, or argument. This has to be a record. :)

Do you think we're maturing as a group? Very well done so far....to all of you. This is a great example of what good, informative threads are all about.

HT

"But it does explain why they always win at connect four, and pool." High Thaied

Ah, but you can beat them at connect four.

The secret of my success:

I was tired of getting my ass whomped at what is essentially a childs game. So, after my 40th or so ignoble defeat, I came up with a plan. I sat back nursing a drink and watched the girls play for about 45 minutes or so. Here's what I noticed...if they are going to win, it will usually be determined by the 10th move or so.

Study exactly what they are doing, where they are moving whether they go first or second. Then copy those moves when you play. After you get past the 10th move, I find the girls get very flustered because the game is going to take longer than usual. All you have to do now is pay close attention, the girls attention will generaly lapse at some point. I now win 4 out of 5 connect four games, bringing great loss of face to many a BG.

Sorry, no advice on the pool issue.

>>>I now win 4 out of 5 connect four games, bringing great loss of face to many a BG.<<<

i usually win against most bargirls, but i play regularly with one katoey who is absolutely oustanding. if i'm lucky, i win one or two games out of 10 against her.

the favorite card game in thailand, dam mee, is another brain cracker, takes about half a year of regular playing until you somehow get used to it, and a lifetime to be really good. you have to remember the whole deck of cards more or less, have to remember every card played out already and through that have to be able to guess your opponents hands. very difficult game, perfect mixture of luck, tactics and memory. sessions here can often last several days, only interrupted by short cat naps, unbelievably strainful for brain and body.

Worldwalker> I think the key word here is 'fully', and that in a lot of farang with thai girl 'mia choa' relationships the guy does in fact know what is going on. But he's is in denial about it, perfering to belive that the relationship is like a 'normal' western one.<

I think that indeed describes my past situation well. I understood that there may be a kind of Mia Choa" element to our relationship, in spite of the fact that she kept describing herself as my "Mia Noi". If she used the term Mia Choa in converstaionw ith her friends or family, I may not have picked it up.

Yes i undestood there was that element and I preferred not to think about it. It was a congenial and convenient relation for both of us. I don't think I put too much credence in "I lub you" statements, to me the actual experiences and feelings were more important than using words to describe or analyse them.

or something more in the nature of being a part of Thai culture which has been forced on them since day one

-----------------------------------

Yes.

I know one thing, one can ask all the thaiW who moved in the west, and unless they are unrepentant BGs with the mentality to suit, they will all tell you they enjoy being women a lot more in their new country than back home. I am talking about well-educated ones too. I know of one who tried to pursue her business in thailand, only to realize than men were more interested in shagging her than doing business with her. When i see my friends wives and how independant and free-thinking they have become, with their own jobs and new friends, and i think what their life would still be if they have stayed in LOS, I believe it was all gain for them.

Archived