How much do they really like us?

Lusty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You guys need to remember that bar girls are still girls with real emotions and feelings and I am quite sure that most (not all) form some attachments with their customers. I'm

quite sure they are not ALL acting".

Yes You are very correct. In fact ALL Thai bar girls "form some attachments with their customers". It is called BUSINESS.

Take it from me as one who has been back and forth to Thailand over a 20 year period. I have seen and heard just about every story that both farangs and bar girls can spin. I have seen them all. If you have any illusions about the scene, then fine, go ahead and loose your head.....and your money.

Look, have fun, enjoy the experience but do not take it seriously at all. DO NOT TAKE THE GIRLS SERIOUSLY EITHER. Have a healthy respect for your position and indeed their position and always, always treat the girls with respect.

And most of all, always keep a

laugh.gif" border="0

Just a Thought.

Charles

quote:

Originally posted by Charles:

"You guys need to remember that bar girls are still girls with real emotions and feelings and I am quite sure that most (not all) form some attachments with their customers. I'm

quite sure they are not ALL acting".

Yes You are very correct. In fact ALL Thai bar girls "form some attachments with their customers". It is called BUSINESS.

Take it from me as one who has been back and forth to Thailand over a 20 year period. I have seen and heard just about every story that both farangs and bar girls can spin. I have seen them all. If you have any illusions about the scene, then fine, go ahead and loose your head.....and your money.

Look, have fun, enjoy the experience but do not take it seriously at all. DO NOT TAKE THE GIRLS SERIOUSLY EITHER. Have a healthy respect for your position and indeed their position and always, always treat the girls with respect.

And most of all, always keep a

laugh.gif" border="0

Just a Thought.

Charles

Anybody else want to respond to this? I am too busy lost in my illusions!

P.S. Where did all my money go?

Ranger

Hi,

Don't know about the Americans liking Asian women, might very well be true (guess they are finally opening their eyes smile.gif" border="0 ). I do stick to my comment on Thai women prefering Thai men, though.

Sure, they like luuk-krung, but that is not the same as a farang. They are just lighter skinned Thais.

As for bargirls saying they think farang are better looking, you are right it is what the customer wants to hear. Furthermore, a lot of these girls have past (bad) experiences with Thai men, and this is one of the reasons they say they prefer farang men. It isn't so much they prefer farang men, but rather they are fed up with Thai men. And I am talking behavior here, not looks.

So, while some may prefer the looks of a farang men (and I still think there aren't that many), less would be willing to marry one.

This mainly due to cultural differences, (perceived) unacceptance by peers/family, etc.

Sanuk!

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

Anybody else want to respond to this? I am too busy lost in my illusions!

P.S. Where did all my money go?

Ranger

Judging by the guy's choice of signature, it's probably beneath all of us, Ranger

wink.gif" border="0

As for anyone that uses the phrase "Take it from me"... tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

"Take it from me as one who has been back and forth to Thailand over a 20 year period. I have seen and heard just about every story that both farangs and bar girls can spin."

Then big Mr. Cynical must have heard stories where former bar girls are married happily to farang men. Some of these men are on this board, aren't they?

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

You guys need to remember that bar girls are still girls with real emotions and feelings and I am quite sure that most (not all) form some attachments with their customers. I'm quite sure they are not ALL acting.

Ranger

Good point, Ranger, the question was, "do they really like us", and i don't see why being retributed for offering their company should mean they "really don't like us". Even if it's only business as Charlie says.

Hmm, in response to some of the thoughts on the board.

1. Do they like "you" or do they like money?

It depends. If a girl hounds you day and night, calls in the middle of the night, threatens to kill herself, then I would assume she likes you. And maybe nuts.

I am sure if the girl makes it clear money is not an issue then she likes you--if she is a bargirl.

Sometimes it is harder to tell with the normal girls.

2. Do they like Thai guys more than Farangs?

This is a very interesting question. Well, I don't pretend to be a mind reader like some of you all, but by anecdotal evidence I'd assume they just are like any other kind of woman. It is a matter of personal taste.

I know quite a few normal girls who have never been with a Thai guy and never plan on it. They just like farang.

I have seen Thai girls go gaga over the nastiest looking farang guys, usually young tall, skinny sickly pale looking farangs, and bless them if that is what they want.

I know some girls who don't care the race, just as long as the guys are good looking, and who could argue with that logic?

In my condo, I remember seeing an absolutely gorgeous Thai woman with her new husband, an ugly pimply faced Thai-Chinese guy, so to each their own.

There are an infinite number of categories. Like I said, it is a matter of personal taste.

And one last point: When people say that the Thai women that they know prefer Thai guys, what does that mean? Is it a general question of the man on the street or good looking people in the entertainment industry?

If you are talking man on the street, then please, the average Thai guy is not good looking at all. If we were to compare the elite with the elite, are farang movie stars any less good looking than Thai movie stars?

Lastly, if you were to stick a Thai woman in an American university campus and a Thai university campus, respectively, and she was comfortable with her identity, I'd contend she would find both races of guys just as good looking. She might prefer a Thai guy for cultural reasons, and that would be understandable. In a way, I kind of feel sorry for the puta in Thailand, because their sampling of farang guys is highly skewed, and I don't blame them for wanting a young, goodlooking Thai boyfriend on the side.

Ciao,

Guanteen

i think this question is easily answered.

all women are different,be they asian,european etc ans so are all men.

everybody likes different things in their lives and views.

men going to thailand are looking for fun and they find it.

some girls are there for as much as they can get out of the men and some are there because of circumstances.

i would imagine that deciding to go to work in bangkok,pattaya or phuket is hard for a lot of them,but then again easy for some.

yes more farang fall in love with the women then thais for the farang,but come all you doubters and people who really have a go at the girls,there are genuine girls out there who get feelings for us men who just want a pretty asian girl on their arm.

this is the same case in all countries,cultures and religions.

don't knock or insult people who say they have a good experience with a certain girl.

This is from "Bangkok People". Its a bar hostess talking about her clients. Its actually a farang who worked in hostess bars in Japan, but from listening to Thai BGs talking among themselves I would say that with some regional variations its similar to what they think about sanukers.

"...I didn't like the rigmarole, the artificiality of the situation. Paying for friendship. Some girls had a genius for pretending. [The star] ...had a trick of gazing rapturously into the men's eyes...The stars would have one or 2 customers a night. I averaged 5 a week.

The men are sad. They're drunk and pathetic and lonely. They always say they love you but its bullshit. The gossip about them.

There are 6 types:

The bore. He can't speak a work of English but thinks he can and you spend 3 hours saying 'Really?' like your life depends on it.

The pompous old-school Japanese. He knows exactly what kind of service he requires and he'll complain to the manager if you don't measure up.

The young hotshot. He's out to impress you. His English might not be so bad and you can have a bit of fun.

Weirdoes. I always got them. I remember one who was grim and drunk and said the same thing 30 times in a row.

The lonely hearts. They come alone to the club and complain about their wives. You feign interest. They talk, you listen.

The lecher. He's obnoxious and will grope and paw you and shower you will mental abuse. We all hated that type..."

i have been going to a particular bar for a long time now. they all know me. i have found that only a few of the staff will talk to me if i don't have a lot of money for lady drinks. as i have known these women for a long time, i have been able to see changes in personality from time to time. little by little the bullshit is slipping away and their true colours are being exposed.

if i could reward the genuine ones for their hospitable natures, it would only total three from a bar of about seven staff.

(if u know what i mean)

crazy.gif" border="0

Archived