No more guest access to the board

khunsanuk

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff,

The reason for cutting inactive members would be what KS mentionned in the first post of this thread : to get a better overview.....

As for whom to cut : I suggested months ago to cut loose all non-active members who have not logged on at all like say 4 to 6 months...........

Then again, up to KS to decide that, no reason to cut away people like you, otherwise there would be no board, right ?

Cheers !

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

"Another suggestion : can you cut loose all 'members' that have never or raraly accessed the board ?"

Yes, I can. However, I kinda dread using the script since I don't want to accidently delete posts.

The alternative is to do this manually, something I dread even more.

Sanuk!

Isnt there a way to have a "restore" script to solve that problem...

KS, I hope you wont cut off me! I am one of these bad users who almost never log in but who reads the posts almost every day. I have no problem to be forced to log in for reading.

I hope you wont cut off people who dont post a lot. In my case, I really appreciate this forum and i think i learned a lot, but as a newbie (3 trips, soon 4) I just dont know anything meaningful to contribute ;) So i prefer to read what men and women who are wiser than me are posting :)

Best regards

KS

Can I suggest that you make it very obvious that registration is anonymous. In my case I was a little nervous signing up to this board partly because of the subject matter. Also, I have a tendency to be a bit protective of my internet privacy and I am sure there are many people who think like me.

In my own case, I did browse the board for several weeks before signing and only did so when I felt confident to make a contribution.

I really cannot see the benefit of deleting members who haven't logged-on for a specific period, as suggested. Do the inactive accounts cause a problem?

Regards

Solar

I don't know. I think you provide a great service out there, with this site. I also believe many people need a little acclimation to the board before they want to sign in. Of all my "thai connected" friends (not met thru nana), most visited for a long time and still only are, though i urged them to sign in. it may cut off a whole strata of internet users. IMO

I would think that the sponsors would be a bit

upset. I would be.

Obvious the people that don't log in can't be bothered

wich will mean less traffic, less people to read your sponsors

adds.

Not a good way to do business. More people, more chance

of them going to Cathouse, use bodygaurd ect....

just a thought

khunmi

Eventually, the result will be that less people will see my ad less often. So, unless it's really important to make the change, I for one, would rather that the format stays the same.

Less people might see your add that might be true but I would think the people that are here in LOS or are going to come here will sign up anyway, They would be the people that would be the target market and potential customers for Bodyguard ,Cat House etc,Just a thought from a marketing point of view !! from a Satisfied Body Guard customer,

Archived