How many Bank Accounts do prostitutes have ?

Goodthaigirl

>>>>>>i think a part of the scam they have is to play more stupid then they are get you off the guard and thinking that this thingy here cant be smart enough to get you ...."<<<<<

Why call it a scam. It's there business and some are better at it than other, just like in any other business. The farang that considers such a BG his GF is clearly not thinking with his head, but once he has send hte money he shouldn't complain, because that's part of the his deal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot agree with that at all, 1 in 100 might actively save some money, but most of the young girls spend it all as soon as they have it, young Australian girls are nothing like Thai BG's when it comes to money.

As BG's get older you notice more of a pattern of putting money away, ie the ratio of ones who save something goes up quite a bit, but its still not comparable with the west.

>I've been reading about prostitutes showing their bank accounts to their customers for whatever reasons.

GTG, you can't resist calling them that name. Sometimes it seems to me it's more important that you vent out by calling them prostitutes than to gain any valuable info.

If we did find/replace throughut the board the terms "bg", "freelancer", mpg...with the term "prostitute" it would be much less (if at all) enjoyable to read/participate on this board.

We all know what they do but hardly anyone says "my prostitute gf", "frend of mine, a prostitute"...

>I've read a lot that about their money management. Seems like they don't do it very well ? But maybe some are good at it by themselves or by the help of their customers who would like to educate them?

Why don't you go where 85-90% of the sex industry in Thailand is? Into the Thai oriented scene. There you can gather much more representable sample than here.

Your male colleagues around you might know much more about that than you may think. Somebody must be spending money there as the sector covers 85-90% of the space.

I apologise if you had done that and you are just trying to complete the puzzle with the minor but annoyingly missing part.

Back to your original question.

You know what "General Ledger" in business is?

One group, BGs who are smart, run a kiddy version of it. With number of accounts greater than zero but not to much greater.

Second group, BGs who are not smart, no internal accounting, nothing.

Third group: Smart BGs with Thai husband/bf. The guy wipes out any smartness that might have been in place.

IMO, the group one, is under 5%. Will need a lot of convincing to believe it is close or around 10%.

">I've been reading about prostitutes showing their bank accounts to their customers for whatever reasons.

GTG, you can't resist calling them that name. Sometimes it seems to me it's more important that you vent out by calling them prostitutes than to gain any valuable info.

If we did find/replace throughut the board the terms "bg", "freelancer", mpg...with the term "prostitute" it would be much less (if at all) enjoyable to read/participate on this board.

We all know what they do but hardly anyone says "my prostitute gf", "frend of mine, a prostitute"..."

I think you are shooting at the wrong person TTM. I suggested using the term prostitutes in a recent post. Its certainly easier and more correct than using BG's. I don't see how it can be degrading, especially if the discussion is around their line of work as it is on this board. I would however say that using ex-BG or ex-pro is unnecessary. And if topics are not connected to their line of work in any way, leave out the phrases all together.

Cheers!

I too second CBK's sentiments and find GTG's high minded Victorian era social science a thorough piece of orientalism. Kind of reminds me of my ex-Thai boss' use of the term to refer to my ex-gf at any given turn. I don't want the OP to take this as a flame,but maybe as an opportunity to rethink the "tags" she throws out at others further down the economic foodchain. Besides, if you want to find good examples of robber-baron behaviour, take a look at the multiple and bulging bank accounts of the ill-informed oligarchical elite that masquerade as a government from time to time in Bangkok.

Cheers

Jaga

Says Goodthaigirl:

I've been reading about prostitutes showing their bank accounts to their customers for whatever reasons.

I was wondering if the bank account they show is the only one they have. May be it is ? May be they have more than one for different term deposits or for different customers to transfer their money to them? Or have one for showing to their customer.

I've read a lot that about their money management. Seems like they don't do it very well ? But maybe some are good at it by themselves or by the help of their customers who would like to educate them?

What's your experience ? How good they are in this department?

Mine only has one bank account. Since I "moved" her to Chumpon I made her open an other bank account at the same bank I have an account because you can't transfer money from one bank to the other yet. Technology has still a long way to go in Thailand (this includes broadband internet access around Chumpon)

Now she certainly deseserves the "prostitute" qualification since I am feeding her bank account. I hope your account is solely feeded by a company you work for, that would save you from being called "prostitute".

No pun intended. :hubba:

Says thalenoi:

Mine only has one bank account. Since I "moved" her to Chumpon I made her open an other bank account at the same bank I have an account because you can't transfer money from one bank to the other yet. Technology has still a long way to go in Thailand (this includes broadband internet access around Chumpon)

I agree with your statement about the broadband internet access, even for Bangkok.

However, your other statement is not true. It is very easy to transfer between banks, you can do it from the ATM machine.

a. You must be using an ATM from the either the bank you want to send to, or your bank.

b. Go to "transfers", follow the steps on the screen.

c. The charge is THB 35 per transfer.

d. The limit is THB 20,000 per transfer.

This works for all the major local banks.

You can also do it inside the bank, but the charge is THB 285 per transfer, or a percentage amount if you send over 20,000 baht. Much easier, and cheaper, to use the ATM to send.

Cheers!

Not that she needs any defending and I do find myself at odds with her on many things but...

"GTG, you can't resist calling them that name."

Taking this a bit personal? BG's are prostitutes. That's what it's about. If we replaced BG with prostitutes in all the posts I'm sorry it would ruin your reading pleasure but it doesn't change the fact. To try to label it otherwise is a bit delusional. It's a job, and often (usually?) a rough one. Yet most of us recognize they are people too and deserve respect.

<<burp>>

Archived