How many Bank Accounts do prostitutes have ?

Goodthaigirl

I've been reading about prostitutes showing their bank accounts to their customers for whatever reasons.

I was wondering if the bank account they show is the only one they have. May be it is ? May be they have more than one for different term deposits or for different customers to transfer their money to them? Or have one for showing to their customer.

I've read a lot that about their money management. Seems like they don't do it very well ? But maybe some are good at it by themselves or by the help of their customers who would like to educate them?

What's your experience ? How good they are in this department?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the number of BG's who handle money appropriately is probably pretty darn close to the avg % of Thais who handle money appropriately.

In other words, on the whole, not very well at all (no offense).

There are bound to be ones who handle themselves quite well and they tend to stand out and these are the stories you hear (the outliers). The large majority you just don't hear about.

I do believe the smart ones have several accounts (open by themselves or by others to funnel money to them).

I also think they carry two wallets. I have had girls who know me (unfortunately pool is largely played in the more seedier joints in town :) Well actually, I do tend to enjoy the scenes but I wish there were more upscale choices available) come up to me and ask me for money. They open their purse and show me a wallet with 20 baht or less. I'm sure there's another one somewhere.

<<burp>>

Well i know a few BG that i didnt date just like friends sitting and talking going out eating and stuff,

they showed me diffrent bankbooks they have from Boyfriend number one and so on. just in case he checks the balance or so.

or like one girl said to me she needed o make a new bankbook cause she lost her ATM card... isnt it easier go make a new a new ATM card?

well didnt want to discuss that with her but hehe sometimes you hear things that makes your ear drop fall off.

i think a part of the scam they have is to play more stupid then they are get you off the guard and thinking that this thingy here cant be smart enough to get you ....

:eek:

Some time ago, and now I can't find it, I posted about my experience in Pattaya of standing in line behind a very cute 9/10 BG at an ATM.

Whilst I was waiting, and I waited a long time, she had a stack of ATM cards, some 15 or more and she was inserting them in the slot, checking the balance and withdrawing the funds should there be any.

Her Thai man/husband was standing near and when she'd finished he took the money and counted it. And off they went.

Whilst she didn't get money from all the accounts, she got 1,000 or so from most of them, so whether or not she understands the banking system she and her man know that money comes out of the wall, presumably from overseas benefactors.

GTG,

Whatever the reality of their finances, I dont believe that they are necessarily worse money managers than young women of their age anywhere. Walk into a department store and ask yourself : how much of this is actively targeting me as a young, fashion-conscious woman with my own income ? Getting a credit card with a large limit is childs play (here in Oz, and I suspect Thai banks are equally aggressive), and many get themselves into trouble.

On the surface, a BGs income is exceptionally high, but how much of it goes home to the family ? Those of us who have seen their apartments know that they arent spending their millions on rent. I'm sure that some do hang on to a large percentage of their money, but I suspect its a hand-to-mouth existence for the majority.

The prospect of growing old in the bar is too frightening to contemplate : the smart ones are the freelancers who use it to finance their studies then get out.

well many BG in the beginning i think send home most of what they earn, but also then there is a mobile that must be bought and some nice cloths, also the drinking anc going out if they dont find a customer to pay for them,, everything cost money . just a few manage to save up enough.

i know one girl i met in BKk , friend of a friend of a girl who is in sweden now, just went by with my friend to say hi.

she is in her 40 look pretty ok for her age, she had manageed to save up almost 800 000bath after working for 15 years or so in the bars, took her 3 weeks to gamble all away on cards and nows she back at it.........

easy come easy go

"i know one girl i met in BKk , friend of a friend of a girl who is in sweden now, just went by with my friend to say hi.

she is in her 40 look pretty ok for her age, she had manageed to save up almost 800 000bath after working for 15 years or so in the bars, took her 3 weeks to gamble all away on cards and nows she back at it.........

easy come easy go"

thais, prostitution & gambling - a problem - naaa!!!

:eek:

You should try to sneak into some of the Thai boards discussing massage girls. Now, I don't know how thorough they are over there (mainly because I cannot read Thai). It's possible their discussions never go beyond what # to recommend?

Anyhow, if I'm to believe what I hear from good friends here in Thailand some of the MP girls are way, way over any lower Sukhumvit bargirl when it comes to income from the flesh trade -- especially if they have a couple of 'hua nguus' taking care of them outside business hours.

The phenomenon of juggling several walking ATM machines is not at all limited to the farang scene.

Try to look up some Thai boards and report what you find! ::

Archived